High Tier Tournament R1: Higherpower vs YoungJustice (CLOSED: Higher Wins)

• 59 results
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the votes everyone!

Ngl. I’m not sure how HP could lose a match where his opponent has zero wins cons and had a mediocre strategy some of which isn’t even legal.

Vulcan wins

What wasn’t legal?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@youngjustice: Synch is a power copier, so synching with your opponents abilities is illegal unless I’m missing something

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: Synch is a power copier, so synching with your opponents abilities is illegal unless I’m missing something

Oh yeah, I thought you were referring to something that wasn‘t addressed (although that was never really apart of my overall strategy, just a very small thing that could’ve helped, but I digress.)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

bump

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue is that YJ wasn't convincing on refuting Higherpower's prep strategy and Higherpower was able to counter YJ's counters with final post advantage.

YJ scored points pointing out higherpower's excessive of use of 3rd party characters and feats for scaling instead of the characters on the team, which was weird given Synch was demonstrated to be capable of using other powers by muscle memory but higherpower wasn't accepting that for Jean. Presenting feats for 3rd party characters for scaling while rejecting feats based on what higherpower says Synch hasn't shown (Jean's powers) seems like diametrically opposed thought processes.

YJ, you could have gotten more out of using Synch in this match. It looked to me like you got caught up arguing higherpower's points that you missed using your team as the the match progressed. Better luck next time. :-)

Vote for @higherpower

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count:

Vulcan 5

YoungJustice 1

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately reading this debate it felt like the outcome was largely decided in building teams. YJ did an admirable job presenting an interesting strategy(tho I wish you went crazier with the implications of Manifold), but HPs team simply had a much higher level of power and so many win conditions compared to a real lack of win conditions for YJ. It was obvious to me reading these that YJ was a little short on time, which Im sure was made worse by some of HPs arguments feeling way too drawn out. I think HPs intro would best be improved by cutting out like 1/3 of it as its unnecessary and confusing. I do think YJ completely won the Kang armor aspect though, I thought after pointing out the Scion suit did literally nothing it seemed like an incredibly weak piece of evidence to build so much of the debate around. That said great job to both debaters, but my vote goes to HP

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count:

Vulcan 6

YoungJustice 1

Given the gap in votes I am going to conclude voting here.

@higherpower moves onto top 8

@youngjustice comes up short in a good effort.

Thanks to both for concluding a very entertaining CaV.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower Congratulations on the win! Thanks to everyone for their votes.

VoidUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm interesting...