Why do Black Fictional Character tend to ask a lot of questions?

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So something I've noticed in tv shows/movies about black characters. Often, when presented with a question, they will often respond with a question rather than giving a direct answer, or in some cases, they don't answer at all and ignore the question. Examples of how black people in fiction often respond to a question includes: "Do I look like X person?", "Are u stupid?", "What do u think?" etc. And while you can see this behavior in other races from time to time, it happens to a much lesser degree.

Lastly, I've also notice that black characters tend to ask the most question out of all other characters in a tv show or film, and at the same time have the least amount of answers. You can even test this yourself by getting a pen, a notepad and tallying up how many times a character asks a question or responds to a question with another question. I guarantee you that the black characters comes out on top every time.

Why do you think that this stereotype is so prevalent in so many tv shows/movies? The only exception to this has to be when the black guy is playing an extremely smart person like a scientist.