Kyoto high students have been done dirty (JJK)

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I was rewatching JJK and it's only become more and more clear how lowkey dirty Gege has done the Kyoto students ever since the war against curses intensified.

First Mechamaru is revealed to be a traitor, who understandably just wanted to have a normal body and life and despite all that, still wanted no harm to come to his friends and the staff during their staged attack, yet Mahito reneged on his bargain and ended up fighting and killing him brutally.

Jump into the heat of Shibuya and despite a reputation of constantly taking down grade one curses, legit feats against Hanami, and operating at 120% of his potential, Todo loses his arm, and thus, Boogie Woogie, fighting Mahito alongside Yuji.

Gege then proceeds to spread further mud on their name by making Gakuganji not only a higher-up affiliate, but have him kill Principal Yaga. Then we move on to Mai, who after 16 short years of a miserable, maltreated life by her clan, ends up dying to her own goddamn father and giving up her the last of her cursed energy to help perfect Maki's HR, only somewhat reconciling with her when it was too late.

While Maki's vengeance finally succeeds, Cursed Naoya pulls up and beats the daylights out of Kamo who tries to help Maki fight him.

Momo and Miwa are still nowhere to be seen and as of now we have no info on Todo's condition.

I'm very aware characters like Yuji, Nanami and other main characters have it terrible, but the sheer amount of suffering they go through overshadows how f'ed up the lives of other lesser characters like these guys are. What do y'all think?

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... I mean yeah. It's no fairytale happy story. I doubt JJK would have a happy ending. Probably something in the grey area or worse. That's just how the world is etc.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cav_tighten: Yh. I always felt the ending would be that the last surviving young sorcerers will carry on the wills of those deceased. But even in Shonen/Seinen worlds thar are supposed to be dark, it tells something if even side characters are treated this badly.

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todo got a happy ending

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maevis: What's his current condition?

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilacplasmabeam: he is not here fighting sukuna and is likely retired as a Jujutsu sorcerer with his technique gone. That is good enough

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maevis: OK. I guess that would indeed count as a good ending by JJK standards.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Supreme101

Bro said this just for Todo to not appear for another 100+ chapters since shibuya lmfao.

No Caption Provided
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers