Can a physical strike be classified as "Attack Potency (AP)"?

• 75 results
Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can a physical strike be classified as "Attack Potency (AP)"? (37 votes)

Yes 84%
No 16%

This thread was requested by @aksilroch because he thinks a punch or a kick don't classify as "AP" feats, so IE if Sanji kicks Zoro that's not an "AP" feat just a "physical strength"

Personally I think it's both a striking strength and an AP feat because striking is attack potency related, but my friend here (who insisted I make this thread) thinks only non-physical attacks like Rasengan can be called "AP feats"

• 
kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 kingogkings777  Online
No Caption Provided

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: Add my previous comment from the post

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: So what happens when "yes" gets more votes? Do you concede?

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: That's a misleading title and we have to assume they read everything before immediately voting

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: Also many people use my definition look at Madara vs Pacifista post. They literally use mine definition

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: No, they're probably using mine because that what everyone uses on CV.

I bet if I ask anyone on that thread what the AP of Madara or Pacifista's attacks are they'll respond.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: They make a clear difference between physical strength and AP. Such as Bijuu being AP and scaling above their physicals

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decaff
@aksilroch said:

@decaff: They make a clear difference between physical strength and AP. Such as Bijuu being AP and scaling above their physicals

This is part of your issue. Tailed Beast Bombs have AP, but so do their strikes.

And everyone on that thread knows this.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: They say "Bijuu doesn't scale to their physicals" but according to you they are both AP. So what's the difference?

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: They say "Bijuu doesn't scale to their physicals" but according to you they are both AP. So what's the difference?

Nobody says "Bijuu dont scale to their physicals" they say "Tailed Beast Bomb doesn't scale to their physicals" and all that means is Tailed Beast Bombs have higher AP than a strike does, obviously.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: That's because Bijuu isn't a physical attack hence its classified as AP/DC.

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decaff

@aksilroch: Bijuu isn't an attack at all it's a Tailed Beast, the attack is Tailed Beast Bomb and they carry an attack potency that's higher than the attack potency of their casual strikes...

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: Nah, you keep your definition. I will keep mine. Both AP/DC and physical strength have force behind them for sure, but calling a punch DC feat, is weird.

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: Nobody called a punch "a DC feat" that's a strawman.

No Caption Provided

This is from the thread you mentioned above, the Madara thread, why did they know what I meant? Why did they reply with AP levels for Zoro's sword slashes?

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: It's wrong. I am not saying "Zoro's slashed have no force" I say it's physical strength with X force and AP/DC is non-physicsl with X force.

So mine Zoro stats would be like

Physical strength: country level

Destructive power/AP: None

Durability: county level

Conbat Speed: FTL+

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AP just means attack potency so most attacks technically fall under it. Physical strength is just used to different how it's achieved and physical scaling

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Oceansalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physical strength is most definitely AP. For example let's say someone tanks a planet busting but when they fight me I punch them into red mist. My AP is now above planet busting. My physical strength scales to that as well but it's still AP

Oceansalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the character and skillset?

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theemperor95: Nope, https://vsbattles.com/threads/reinforcing-the-idea-of-using-striking-strength.162854/

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: I already refuted you snarky dog: https://vsbattles.com/threads/reinforcing-the-idea-of-using-striking-strength.162854/

Keep using that handicapped definition like a zombie

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: AP means non-physically attacks: https://vsbattles.com/threads/reinforcing-the-idea-of-using-striking-strength.162854/

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: Mate we don't care, VSBW can do whatever they want. It's clear nobody agrees with you, it's time to let it go.

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Decaff

There's not a single person on CV who will agree that Sanji and Zoro have zero AP

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I opened your link and the first comment says striking strength is AP several times.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: They don't have "zero" AP. They don't have AP/DC based attacks, because they are all physical fighters. I already showed that AP/DC includes physical strength so it being self-refuting and making physical strength category irrelevant. So no I am not going to use a handicapped self refuting, low IQ, non-thinking definition like a dog as shown in the Vsbattle Wiki link

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If AP covers physical strikes then physical strikes are AP lmao.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: According to your flawed definition goofball and AP refers to non-physical power to the standard before sub-humans, low IQ people, misused it. Of course you can't think

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not wasting anymore time on this, you'll probably be muted/banned so anyways.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: This guy logic

>AP/DC=everything

>physcical strength=physical attacks

>Still thinks SS is relevant while its included in the first thus making it irrelevant

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aksilroch

@decaff: Also punching character B is a physical strength feat not AP/DC. It would be AP/DC if B get shot by an energy beam. My definition is the correct one, but people mindlessly went with the misuded one, because people now today can't think for themselves.

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: I already refuted you snarky dog: https://vsbattles.com/threads/reinforcing-the-idea-of-using-striking-strength.162854/

Keep using that handicapped definition like a zombie

@decaff: According to your flawed definition goofball and AP refers to non-physical power to the standard before sub-humans, low IQ people, misused it. Of course you can't think

@decaff: They don't have "zero" AP. They don't have AP/DC based attacks, because they are all physical fighters. I already showed that AP/DC includes physical strength so it being self-refuting and making physical strength category irrelevant. So no I am not going to use a handicapped self refuting, low IQ, non-thinking definition like a dog as shown in the Vsbattle Wiki link

@owie

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aksilroch

@kingogkings777: He wants me to mindlessly accept a misused definition based on the top 10 character list like a zombie and that isn't an insult to you?

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who used a "top 10 character list" 😭

kingogkings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaff: My god you are slow as fuck. The dude used the definition that way who made the top 10 strongest list and that misuse became popular, but luckily I am not a zombie like you guys "BuT EvRYoNE UsEs It LiKe ThIS WaY" don't care bro, its still wrong. I quess middle ages flat eartherd were right because everyone thought it was flat. I am to intelligent for that nonsense

@owie

Decaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro is lost in not sure where's he's lost but he's lost.

GreyTheJiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ew, why did 28% answer no?

AP is a term that was made up to make the scaling of feats possible. Like when a character blows up a mountain he gets mountain level but then you want to scale that strength to someone else you say he has that type of AP, even though he doesn't have direct feats of blowing up mountains. It's impossible that an entire cast of the series can have direct feats, so AP helps.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thedailybagel  Moderator

@aksilroch: I've deleted your post, don't drop f bombs or insult people. Next time will be a temp ban.

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Aksilroch

@thedailybagel: They are a stubborn people. That will not take corrections despite the evidence. Anyway you are right, since its just fictional terms with no real meaning. So I should behave better.

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: what are you even refuting?? If I one shot someone with a punch and the DC from my punch is less than what they've tanked previously it shows that the AP of my strike. There's no refuting that lmao AP is how hard something hits without the DC

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theemperor95: That's wrong AP/DC refers to non-physical attacks. If you one-shot someone with a punch , that is striking strength/physical strength. DC/AP if you one-shot someone with a non-physical attack such as: laser beam, bomb, lava, water, tornado etc. Their AP would whatever his durability is.

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aksilroch: no they don't. It doesn't matter whether it's physical or non physical it still has a DC/AP.

Again if someone tanks a planet level explosion and then gets one shot by a building level punch how strong is that punch?

Aksilroch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aksilroch

@theemperor95: What? AP/DC have force behind them, but I say it for non-physical attacks. If you one-shot someone who no sold a planet explosion, you have planet+ physical strength. It being building level makes no sense, unless the person is holding back to building level. If you erase someone with a Ki blast and your punches only hurt him and he has solar-system durability , what is his AP?