CIS (Star Wars) vs Automatons (Helldivers 2)

Been playing a lot of Helldivers 2 lately especially on the Automaton Front. I decided to make this thread involving them fighting the CIS from Star Wars.

Confederacy of Independent Systems (Star Wars):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arsenal:

• 700,000 B1 Battle Droids with E-5 Blaster Rifles.
  • 400,000 B1 Heavy Battle Droids with E-5C Heavy Blaster Rifles.
  • 30,000 B1 Heavy Battle Droids with Sentry Miniguns.
  • 300,000 B1 Engineer Droids with ACP Shotguns & F-187 Fusion Cutters.
  • 80,000 B1 Engineer Droids with RD-4 Grenade Launchers, F-187 Fusion Cutters & SE-14 Blaster Pistols.
  • 100,000 B1 Assault Battle Droids with E-60R Rocket Launches & SE-14 Blaster Pistols.
  • 100,000 B1 Assassin Droids with E-5s Sniper Rifle & SE-14 Blaster Pistols.
  • 100,000 B1-A Air Battle Droids with Wrist-Mounted Blasters & Blades.
  • 300,000 B2 Super Battle Droids with Twin Wrist-Blasters & Wrist Rockets.
  • 100,000 B2-HA Series Super Battle Droids with Dual Built-in Laser Cannon (right arms) & Cannon arm (left arms).
  • 80,000 B2-RP Rocket Droids with Twin Wrist-Blasters & Wrist Rockets.
  • 60,000 B2 Grapple Droids (Half are Red variants).
  • 200,000 BX-series Droid Commandos with Modified E-5 Blaster Rifles & Vibroswords.
  • 100,000 Droidekas.
  • 6,000 IG-100 MagnaGuards with Electrostaffs & Bulldog RLRs.
  • 1,000 B1 Droid Officers with RG-4D Blaster Pistols.
  • 4,000 STAPs.
  • 2,000 Platoon Attack Crafts.
  • 1,600 DSD1 Dwarf Spider Droids.
  • 1,200 LM-432 Crab Droids.
  • 800 A-DSD Advanced Dwarf Spider Droids.
  • 1,400 Armored Assault Tanks.
  • 1,200 NR-N99 Persuader-Class Droid Enforcers.
  • 700 IG-227 Hailfire-Class Droid Tanks.
  • 600 Octuptarra Combat Tri-Droids.
  • 150 OG-9 Homing Spider Droids.
  • 150 Octuptarra Magna Tri-Droids.
  • 200 Mechanized Assault Flyers.
  • 200 HMP Droid Gunships.

VS

Automatons (Helldivers 2):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arsenal:

• 700,000 Troopers AKA Raiders with Assault Rifles.
  • 400,000 Marauders with Machine Guns.
  • 300,000 Brawlers with Dual Energy Blades.
  • 120,000 Rocket Raiders with Rocket Launchers.
  • 180,000 Assault Raiders with Pistols & Energy Blades.
  • 300,000 Berserkers with Duel Chainsaws.
  • 300,000 Devastators with their standard guns.
  • 160,000 Heavy Devastators with Machine Guns & Shields.
  • 100,000 Rocket Devastators with Shoulder Mounted Multi-Rocket Launchers & their standard guns.
  • 1,000 Commissars with Pistols & Energy Blades.
  • 4,000 Scout Striders.
  • 1,400 Hulk Bruisers.
  • 1,400 Hulk Scorchers.
  • 1,200 Hulk Obliterators.
  • 2,200 Annihilator Tanks.
  • 1,200 Shredder Tanks.
  • 300 Factory Striders.
  • 2,000 Dropships.
  • 400 Gunships.

Rules:

• Both sides have enough supplies and resources to last this entire battle.
  • Both sides start 50 miles apart from each other.
  • The goal to victory is the complete destruction of either side by the other.

Battlefield Location:

Androzani Minor from the Doctor Who serial
Androzani Minor from the Doctor Who serial "The Caves of Androzani"

Songs to go with this battle:

Who wins between these two armies of metal beasts and why!?!?!?!?

BATTLE CALL OUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

@windshieldwiper @wut @merulezall @_gaff_ @cergic @masterofmatches@army2442 @mordhauextreme1 @cpt_nice @conner_wolf @six-deuce @bastets @sirfizzwhizz @spider-simp @ahzek_ahriman @blaze-

P.S. if their is anyone I didn't tag I apologies.

Feats for the Automatons? Haven't actually gotten to play Helldivers 2 yet

@blaze- said:

@spider-simp said:

Here's a video to give you both a basic idea of the unit types the Automatons field:

Loading Video...

P.S. The video doesn't cover the Hulk Obliterator, Factory Strider nor Gunship because Hulk Obliterator are hard to find (They are mentioned on the Wiki though: https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/Hulk_(Helldivers_2)) and both Factory Strider and Gunship were added a month after this video was uploaded.

@jwwprod: interesting match up, I need to watch the video u linked and read more. I haven't played helldivers yet, but I do want to because it looks great!

Droids have greater diversity in tanks and air units so they'll be able to trade better with the automatons. Sniper assassins will be pivotal in thinning out numbers amidst all the artillery flying.

@mordhauextreme1 said:

@jwwprod: interesting match up, I need to watch the video u linked and read more. I haven't played helldivers yet, but I do want to because it looks great!

I'm going to be honest. Helldivers 2 is probably my favourite game of this decade so far (Or very close at the very least).

I absolutely recommend it.

@jwwprod: Excellent thread, you beat me to it. I have also been playing helldivers 2, I'm gonna side with the Automatons for reasons will explain later on! :)

Automatons

The CIS kind of stomps.

@masterofmatches said:

@jwwprod: Excellent thread, you beat me to it. I have also been playing helldivers 2, I'm gonna side with the Automatons for reasons will explain later on! :)

@jwwprod: Well I'm assuming by some of the units that this is Legends? In which can the payloads and lightspeed reactions and fighting of some these units just obliterates the Automatons.

@greysentinel365: The B1-A Air Battle Droids and B2 Grapple Droids are from the ROTS 2005 tie in game. A lot of the CIS units are from the Battlefront games though.

Bump

@jwwprod said:

@masterofmatches said:

It is!

However, I think you have a typo because 20k Magnaguards is very insane especially on the aspect of what they can do. I'm going with the concept u most likely meant 2k Magnguards for they carry the CIS to victory if u allowed that many

Reason's why I believe Automatons win this match is because they seem to function better on a squad base as a whole, mixing and matching their troops in order to be as efficient as possible. Ik the CIS does so as well, but I dont think as much as the Automatons

Both the CIS and Automatons have weak points ( One is more of a game mechanic I think? ) and because of that they both are on even playing fields in that aspect. However, it doesn't take much to destroy the fodder on each side, I just dont think the driods are as durable as a whole and again they lack any decent programing on fodder level preferring to swarm their foes by marching in battle lines and laying down mass fire as they keep slowly moving forward

Thirdly I think the biggest reasons why the Automatons have an edge is once more is both sides lack creative thinking for obvious reasons, and the Automaton's strength is forward and direct which allows them to make heavy use of what their "improvements" are meant to do like tanking firepower from the front and so on.

Overall I think it's a very close match, but due to the base level of Automatons being prolly better thus allowing the elites to live a little longer so they may defeat the CIS elites is what makes me give them the slight W. However, it can be anyone's game especially the 2k Magnaguards as they are very deadly and very good at what they do in murdering fellow machines and meat bags alike :)

Good thread!

@masterofmatches said:

@jwwprod said:

@masterofmatches said:

It is!

However, I think you have a typo because 20k Magnaguards is very insane especially on the aspect of what they can do. I'm going with the concept u most likely meant 2k Magnguards for they carry the CIS to victory if u allowed that many

Reason's why I believe Automatons win this match is because they seem to function better on a squad base as a whole, mixing and matching their troops in order to be as efficient as possible. Ik the CIS does so as well, but I dont think as much as the Automatons

Both the CIS and Automatons have weak points ( One is more of a game mechanic I think? ) and because of that they both are on even playing fields in that aspect. However, it doesn't take much to destroy the fodder on each side, I just dont think the driods are as durable as a whole and again they lack any decent programing on fodder level preferring to swarm their foes by marching in battle lines and laying down mass fire as they keep slowly moving forward

Thirdly I think the biggest reasons why the Automatons have an edge is once more is both sides lack creative thinking for obvious reasons, and the Automaton's strength is forward and direct which allows them to make heavy use of what their "improvements" are meant to do like tanking firepower from the front and so on.

Overall I think it's a very close match, but due to the base level of Automatons being prolly better thus allowing the elites to live a little longer so they may defeat the CIS elites is what makes me give them the slight W. However, it can be anyone's game especially the 2k Magnaguards as they are very deadly and very good at what they do in murdering fellow machines and meat bags alike :)

Good thread!

Maybe the number of Magnaguards I added was a bit too much.

At least you still think the thread is good :)

@jwwprod: Not necessary because ure balancing it more by adding in heavy battle driods but also increasing the Automatons as well, I think simply reducing the guards makes it close enough :)

The CIS fought a three-year long war against a far more competent military force, so...

@jwwprod: your putting helldiver's 2 above tears of the kingdom, elden ring, and baldurs gate 3?

@vjbthe3: Maybe it was quite a big and bold statement and games like Elden Ring are arguably objectively better, but in terms of just plain fun I think Helldivers 2 is more fun.

Also your favourite thing of a certain thing(Whether it be a movie, video game, TV show, comic, etc) does have to be the greatest thing in the world. Like your favourite movie could literally be any movie you want, as long as it makes sense to you. Like your favourite movies doesn't have to be one of the greats like Godfather, Star Wars, Citizen Kane, etc, hell it could be a movie that most people don't like, it doesn't matter, because in the end it's your opinion and your taste. The same applies for video games, TV shows, etc. Like your favourite video game doesn’t need to be one of those games like Ocarina of Time, it could literally be any game you want, hell it could be something like C&C3 Tiberium Wars or something. Because in the end it’s your opinion and your taste.

@jwwprod: I mean... I was asking your opinion on the matter. I just put up 3 games I think most people think are better currently than helldivers 2 this decade, just reiterating the question with some heavy examples. Trust me, i get it, one of my favorite games of all time is Madworld for Wii. Good, but not winning any awards, except like maybe art style.