Avatar and image manipulation request thread

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@baldur_odinson: there are a few single requests threads iirc pertaining to this subject

Sure but, what was the point of saying that? Are you upset at something...?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baldur_odinson: that's not me lol

You're right! You responded to it so I assumed it was without looking at the name.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need tips on how I can alter a picture of a person to something that looks like art from Dishonored (if not something similar at least?). Maybe some DnD looking art. This is for my OC characters that I want to create. I was thinking I could get a reference picture sculpt my way from there to whatever I want to make my character look like. @

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statictaco: The short answer is that it's ... not very easy, to say the least.

The long answer is that it takes at least three stages. First is the composition and lighting of the picture itself. For instance, Dishonored artworks usually have pretty strong shadows in the face area, which is much easier to create in the picture itself than through editing. Having them pose in picturesque poses in backgrounds similar to those of dishonored would surely help as well.

Second is the shapes, especially those of the face. You'll notice that Dishonored art tends to go more for a stylized aesthetic rather than photorealism, so you must turn the faces into a somewhat cartoonish and mildly caricature-like shape. You could use photoshop's liquify or something with a similar effect for that.

Last but not least, the elephant in the room, colors. While it may be one of the hardest stages to pull off, there's literally hundreds of apps and tutorials dedicated to replicating the aesthetics of painting in photos. Try some oil painting tutorials and see what develops.

StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statictaco: The short answer is that it's ... not very easy, to say the least.

The long answer is that it takes at least three stages. First is the composition and lighting of the picture itself. For instance, Dishonored artworks usually have pretty strong shadows in the face area, which is much easier to create in the picture itself than through editing. Having them pose in picturesque poses in backgrounds similar to those of dishonored would surely help as well.

Second is the shapes, especially those of the face. You'll notice that Dishonored art tends to go more for a stylized aesthetic rather than photorealism, so you must turn the faces into a somewhat cartoonish and mildly caricature-like shape. You could use photoshop's liquify or something with a similar effect for that.

Last but not least, the elephant in the room, colors. While it may be one of the hardest stages to pull off, there's literally hundreds of apps and tutorials dedicated to replicating the aesthetics of painting in photos. Try some oil painting tutorials and see what develops.

I'm actually pretty good at oil painting. Not just with that particular style I want. Tried it once wet on wet (the best method for that style) but idk mine just ended up looking really bad.

I was just hoping to find an easy way in digital art. Do you have any tips for that? I'd see my friends with their digital art and I get jelly. lol

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statictaco said:

I was just hoping to find an easy way in digital art. Do you have any tips for that? I'd see my friends with their digital art and I get jelly. lol

I'm afraid not. Despite the stigma sometimes attached to digital art, it can be much less straight forward than tradition painting, and I'm not really a digital artist myself. Manipulating and editing is one thing, but creating from scratch is a whole different story.

StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statictaco said:

I'm afraid not. Despite the stigma sometimes attached to digital art, it can be much less straight forward than tradition painting, and I'm not really a digital artist myself. Manipulating and editing is one thing, but creating from scratch is a whole different story.

I found this program called Ibis Paint. It's really good on mobile and the tools are pretty good. Gonna give that one a go and see where it goes. Have you tried it? I've seen things my friend drew on it and looks professional.

lafnian19901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for the advice

Avatar image for nowandforever31
nowandforever31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAME_WZRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone good with Artbreeder? I am trying to make a DnD character by morphing faces into one another. Product looks good but very incomplete. Can anyone help me out?

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

I don't know how achievable this is but...

I wonder if someone might be able to do a color swap on the pictures below? Moving away from Red towards White.

Ideally, as well, if the hair colour could move towards Blonde/White, that would be excellent - But I am looking to retain the "Star-Scape" hair trail if at all possible.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bkole: You mean something like this?

No Caption Provided

or maybe this?

No Caption Provided

Either way, it's totally impossible to achieve. Not happening.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

@theinsufferable: Haha! Absolutely the second option, with the blonde and the White. That is amazing, and so quick!!

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5938  Edited By TheWatcherKing
No Caption Provided

I would like this image without any tax, if possible, not sure who to tag for this

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like this image without any tax, if possible, not sure who to tag for this

Without tax? Have you tried IRS?

No Caption Provided

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers