Zach Snyder claims his version of JL is made for grownups!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a pg movie so don't take it seriously

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Snyder's head is so up his own butt that it's unbelievable. He's hired mediocre actors to play cartoon characters in a CGI spectacle. LMAO at grownups.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 morpheus_  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: so you’re mad because his movie has a target audience?

Unless his version is R or NC-17 rated then this is factually inaccurate.

Snyder also seems mad by calling an adult man "outside of the demographic", which does not even mean what he thinks it does.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@morpheus_: Well, look who finally decided to show up here again :P

Well I imagine his version is going to be more serious but I think he is overselling it a bit. Too many expectations to live up to successfully.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: I am curious to watch it and probably will, but I don't think he is doing himself any favors with that remark.

I was burned out from CV for a while.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I am curious to watch it and probably will, but I don't think he is doing himself any favors with that remark.

I was burned out from CV for a while.

Won't argue with that and as you know, I've always been more lenient towards the DCEU than most here. I'll definitely watch it, really curious to see how different it is going to be.

That's perfectly understandable really.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: I have been more lenient towards MoS after rewatching it but Wonder Woman is likely the only DCEU film I can say I enjoyed from start to finish, nitpicking aside. Even though I have yet to see Birds of Prey.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I have been more lenient towards MoS after rewatching it but Wonder Woman is likely the only DCEU film I can say I enjoyed from start to finish, nitpicking aside. Even though I have yet to see Birds of Prey.

It was definitely one of the better DCEU films, although I do have to say that I enjoyed BvS quite a bit as lot as well, even though I'm probably one of the few people here who liked it. Unfortunately though newer tend to be a bit too MCU-like for my taste.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure in his head it is.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the disaster that BvS was Snyder should keep his mouth shut.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypocrite much?

Anyway, expected behavior from Snyder.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd think the death of daughter would humble him, but no, he's still a douchbag.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f428cea7be56
deactivated-5f428cea7be56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OK, seriously, what the f**k Snyder? Even if you like the guy's movies, there's absolutely no defending this kind of childish behavior. Guy's ego is through the stratosphere, he thinks cheap takes like "hey, if Superman existed, some people may be afraid of him" make him a goddamn Stanley Kubrick.

You'd think the death of daughter would humble him, but no, he's still a douchbag.

This, guy needs to learn some humility for once.

Avatar image for deactivated-635a8f29e06c3
deactivated-635a8f29e06c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Given that BvS was r rated this one just might be as well tbh

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, seriously, what the f**k Snyder? Even if you like the guy's movies, there's absolutely no defending this kind of childish behavior. Guy's ego is through the stratosphere, he thinks cheap takes like "hey, if Superman existed, some people may be afraid of him" make him a goddamn Stanley Kubrick.

@lowmagekage said:

Um....Because he's right? How would the world react if someone like superman existed? I'm sure millions, if not billions, would be afraid.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

you mean the UE? This one is a pg movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack being his usual edgy self, but i think he's allowed this one. Scott Mendelson has been shitting on Snyder for years, and only now has Snyder actually responded. If u ask me Scott deserved this ;)

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceuser_: That's not an original opinion, that douchbag walks around like he's some kind of genius or some shit, but the reality is...he's just Michael Bay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Is that confirmed? The snydercut seems to be his 'Ultimate Edition' of Justice league anyway, and we know that he always likes to crank the edge up to 11

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darkthunder

@ilambda said:

@darkthunder: Is that confirmed? The snydercut seems to be his 'Ultimate Edition' of Justice league anyway, and we know that he always likes to crank the edge up to 11

I'll search for sources, but I recall i was stated somewhere

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are yet to see if the movie is that deep, maybe he is right.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I still haven't seen the trailer, and probably never will. I don't plan on watching this movie. This universe ended with a self contained Superman origin in MoS, and after that it's all just the ramblings of a mad man. BvS killed any interest I had in this story. Snyder can't fix the mess he made with it, even if this movie is great. Some people may be able to watch part 3 of a story even if Part 2 is a dumpster fire, but I won't.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By SaintWildcard

@lowmagekage said:

Humility? All you need to know about Zack's relationship with Humility, is that he wanted the make this movie based on the Book The FOuntainhead. When I found out what it was about, it all started to make sense.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Snyder has ever done has been aimed at teenagers, so I doubt this is the case. He definitely believes it's "grown-up", though.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought that I would want some movie(extended cut or whatever it is) to be end up really bad, so Snyder can get off from his high horse.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cybernetics

This is true and still hurts.

said:

I still haven't seen the trailer, and probably never will. I don't plan on watching this movie. This universe ended with a self contained Superman origin in MoS, and after that it's all just the ramblings of a mad man. BvS killed any interest I had in this story. Snyder can't fix the mess he made with it, even if this movie is great. Some people may be able to watch part 3 of a story even if Part 2 is a dumpster fire, but I won't.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll check it out and I am rooting for it to be good. I felt whedon threw him under the bus with his comments about steppenwolf being the worst movie villain ever. Especially since at the time Snyder had a family member who had just killed themselves. So I would like to blame the failures of the theatrical release on whedon.

All though I agree Snyder does come off as a man child.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BB

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OrangeBat

@speedforceuser_ said:

@orangebat said:

@lowmagekage said:

Um....Because he's right? How would the world react if someone like superman existed? I'm sure millions, if not billions, would be afraid.

And as I said, it's a cheap take that does not magically make him a genius as he seems to think. Additionally, he's only right insofar as Superman actually proved to be malicious. Believe it or not, real life does not function like Watchmen anymore than it does as a Bugs Bunny cartoon and if Superman existed but was, well, Superman, people would get used to him pretty quick. He would be more of a super rock star with haters than inspiring the same kind of reaction that Cthulhu does.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ilambda said:

you mean the UE? This one is a pg movie

How could they rate something that isn't finished?

Someone needs to see it, in order to give it a rating

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Snyder has ever done has been aimed at teenagers, so I doubt this is the case. He definitely believes it's "grown-up", though.

Watchmen - R rated. Dawn of the Dead - R rated. 300 - R rated. BvS UC - R rated. You're not really there, bruh.

Anyway, not that I'm defending what seems to be a pretty childish move by Snyder, but as someone already mentioned, Mendelson has always been pretty, let's say, passively negative towards Snyder, so I guess Snyder getting somewhat "high" with all those "wins" of recent finally claimed a "comeback". It pretty weak one, admittedly. But I guess it felt good for him.

Also, it's kinda funny how the same Snyder dissers always frequent with these threads that manage to put him in a negative light. Kind of obsession, I'd say lol

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even care about the movie itself, but man, am I waiting for all the fan wars and weird comparisons.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AchievedHero

Who the hell cares? We just got a gifted a DC-filled goodie bag. No point of getting mad at something that is barely worth your time. It's not worth it being angry over that.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By reactor

I'm legit astonished so many people are taking this, seemingly, so personally. It's Twitter, agree or disagree with him, what kind of quality comments were you expecting? Why do you all care?

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean dude commented on a leaked trailer.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By brucerogers

Does Snyder even know what a grown-up is? Also, the dude is so full of himself that it's sad and funny at the same time.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I guess I'm very cynical about the R-rating meaning anything about maturity because both Watchmen and especially 300 were very popular among my schoolmates when they came out, and we were all preteens at the time.

I guess I'll correct myself from "aimed at teenagers" to "have a teenaged sensibility".

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Because he comes off as full of himself. Which is more embarrassing given that he's talking about Justice League for christ's sakes. When you act like a fool on the internet, people tend to talk about it.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achievedhero: @reactor: Why do you care that they care to talk about it?

Because it's abnormal. You're not talking, you're slagging a man for extremely mild twitter snark. It's a proportionately extreme reaction to a definitively milquetoast tweet.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean we can get nude Gal Gadot