• 51 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ganon15

Poll The Better Punisher: 2004 or MCU? (84 votes)

Thomas Jane 13%
John Bernthal 87%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vs

• 
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator

Bernthal blew it out of the water. Jane was good, but he can't begin to compete with the sheer grit that Bernthal has. Yes, I know 'grittiness' is a thing people go on and on about nowadays, but Bernthal's Frank is just a legitimately hard man, in a way nobody else has been in Comic-book films/TV shows, he feels like he could walk into the world of the Sopranos and blow them the fcuk away.

He makes the Batmen we've seen look like soft-arses. Simultaneously, he plays that vulnerability he has towards his family and the grief/regret he feels. He's totally nailed the character, it's one of the best adaptations of a comic character.

It's difficult to articulate, but if you've known hard people, the difference is just profound between these two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal so far as of episode 12, he's literally hitting the nail on the head of this role. Jane was cool too, but Bernthal is more true to the comics.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bernthal and it's not even close.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

The situation is similar to... what I'm guessing Keatons Batman will be to Afflecks.

The First is good and a classic but being the first it has yet to be perfected. fastforward when audiences want more from their heroes we have The Ideal Punisher in Shane Bernthal

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's your answer:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Bernthal blew it out of the water. Jane was good, but he can't begin to compete with the sheer grit that Bernthal has. Yes, I know 'grittiness' is a thing people go on and on about nowadays, but Bernthal's Frank is just a legitimately hard man, in a way nobody else has been in Comic-book films/TV shows, he feels like he could walk into the world of the Sopranos and blow them the fcuk away.

He makes the Batmen we've seen look like soft-arses. Simultaneously, he plays that vulnerability he has towards his family and the grief/regret he feels. He's totally nailed the character, it's one of the best adaptations of a comic character.

It's difficult to articulate, but if you've known hard people, the difference is just profound between these two.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Bernthal, although I grew up with the Thomas Jane Punisher.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rogueshadow said:

This..........Bernthal is an excellent actor.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal. He was very good in the role.

Thomas Jane was not very good in live action, but he did do good voice work for the charecter.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal had me tearing up in the cemetery scene. He plays a great Punisher, and he was easily my favorite part of Season 2. By a freakin mile. And I absolutely loved pretty much everything in Season 2.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only on episode 4, but Thomas Jane stomps. Shane Castle doesnt have the look, the writing is solid, the acting is not.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

EvilCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Berntha was good but Jane curbstomps.You just had to love The Russian fight.

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Valeyard

@allstarsuperman: What? Since when Thomas Jane has an episode?

Nevermind, my fault, I didnt get you at first

Wait...

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ParagonNate
Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarZone is still the best for me... The most loyal to the comic, by far, and the best looking, and Ray Stevenson was the most like Frank IMHO.... But Jon Bernthal absolutely crushed it! Jane did a great job, but he was more Punisher-like or Punisher-inspired than actual Frank Castle to me.

No Caption Provided

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By SoA

jane was waaay too emo and its kinda tame for a rated R movie. i personally thought war zone was an improvement but thats just me.

bernthal was a good fit , he owned this role!

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Loading Video...

6:45 Thomas Jane is violent, he is more brutal than John Bernthal, he's a great fighter.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterrubiohard: The prison fight was more violent and intense than this. Also Bernthal is a better fighter.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

@peterrubiohard: The prison fight was more violent and intense than this. Also Bernthal is a better fighter.

This is close for me, and The Russian is comparable with MCU Kingpin, maybe stronger than fisk.

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Peterrubiohard

8 men with knives and firearms, all dead in less than 30 seconds.

Sorry Bernthal, Jane have a emo look...but he take this

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane Punisher is a strong part of my past, so Jane.

Gr8n3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal put in one of the best comic book performances ever. Let alone for the Punisher.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal's acting was just amazing.

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mcu

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Berenthal stomps, best Punisher period.

Ray Stevenson was better than pretty boy Jane IMO.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never actually seen Jane Punisher, but I'm fairly confident Bernthal is better. He knocked it out of the park.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon bernthal took the acting on the show to another level. His Fight scenes destroyed anything other punishers have done. Janes punisher had the voice, but not the action. Rays punisher had the look but not voice or feel of Frank.

Jon got it all. And Jon bernthal seems to really understand and appreciate the character on a whole other level. He loves playing punisher probably more than Downey loves playing iron man and it shows in his work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shane Castle stomps! Bernthal nailed that role so hard!

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

6:45 Thomas Jane is violent, he is more brutal than John Bernthal, he's a great fighter.

I hate when people cite the dirty laundry video. The problem with Jane's Punisher is that he did so many things that were out of character for Frank. Comic book Frank would've never walked by while that girl was being attacked just to sit in a laundromat waiting on his clothes. Jane is kind of like Tobey's Spider-man..Good for a Hollywood version of the character but pretty bad if you're comparing it to the source material.

Hell, this scene alone screams Frank Castle.

Loading Video...

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Peterrubiohard

@manmadeofketchup said:
@peterrubiohard said:

@jayskee said:

I hate when people cite the dirty laundry video. The problem with Jane's Punisher is that he did so many things that were out of character for Frank. Comic book Frank would've never walked by while that girl was being attacked just to sit in a laundromat waiting on his clothes. Jane is kind of like Tobey's Spider-man..Good for a Hollywood version of the character but pretty bad if you're comparing it to the source material.

Loading Video...

Dirty Laundry was just the beginning, These events happened after Thomas Jane kill John travolta, he was not '' The Punisher ''. I like Thomas Jane because he is a genuine fan of Frank Castle, he was limited in the movie but he showed who loves the character in this short film.

Ray Stevenson and Bernthal are better, but I feel that Thomas Jane had a much greater potential than both.

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon bernthal took the acting on the show to another level. His Fight scenes destroyed anything other punishers have done. Janes punisher had the voice, but not the action. Rays punisher had the look but not voice or feel of Frank.

Jon got it all. And Jon bernthal seems to really understand and appreciate the character on a whole other level. He loves playing punisher probably more than Downey loves playing iron man and it shows in his work.

Ray Stevenson is still supreme in all, he stomp Jane and Bernthal in same time, but your film is terrible, worse than Elektra 2005

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:
@peterrubiohard said:

@jayskee said:

Dirty Laundry was just the beginning, These events happened after Thomas Jane kill John travolta, he was not '' The Punisher ''. I like Thomas Jane because he is a genuine fan of Frank Castle, he was limited in the movie but he showed who loves the character in this short film.

Ray Stevenson and Bernthal are better, but I feel that Thomas Jane had a much greater potential than both.

Bernthal's a fan of the character as well..That doesn't really make for a good point in Jane's favor. Greater potential? Nah, Bernthal's the one with the most potential right now because unlike Jane's, Jon's is being played by the books

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Bernthal is the all out best actor for the role. The way he portrays Frank is awesome,i enjoyed the 2004 movie but watching it now it hasn't aged well also there were points that made me cringe one being having to drink whisky in order too get stitches... the comic that the film is based on(welcome back frank) he simply bites on a bullet due to the fact he believes that painkillers/alcohol dulls the senses. Jon is the best actor for the role he might not be as tall as the punisher is in the comic,but his build and acting ability make up for that,he also brings humanity to the character also helps the writers on the mcu netflix shows are decent janes best portrayal was the video game on the ps2/xbox that was truly awesome. Also i would say ray stevenson was also awesome.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Bernthals waterboy scream is hilarious

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Bernthal is the all out best actor for the role. The way he portrays Frank is awesome,i enjoyed the 2004 movie but watching it now it hasn't aged well also there were points that made me cringe one being having to drink whisky in order too get stitches... the comic that the film is based on(welcome back frank) he simply bites on a bullet due to the fact he believes that painkillers/alcohol dulls the senses. Jon is the best actor for the role he might not be as tall as the punisher is in the comic,but his build and acting ability make up for that,he also brings humanity to the character also helps the writers on the mcu netflix shows are decent janes best portrayal was the video game on the ps2/xbox that was truly awesome. Also i would say ray stevenson was also awesome.

Yes he was. Shame the movie sucked, but this scene wasn't bad at all:

Loading Video...

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved Thomas Jane but this new Punisher is too good.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bernthal godstomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers