MHA vs JJK Vs KNY (Hype Vs Success)

Avatar image for savage_emperor1
Savage_Emperor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know all this manga are successful in their on way. But I can't help but think most jjk fans are translating hype as success by thinking its the most successful manga of this generation. I for one think mha success far exceed jjk and kny by a significant margin.

Which manga do you all think I the most successful between this 3?

SoySpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnY > JJK >>>> MHA

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnY=MHA >>> JJK in manga success

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nwname  Moderator

DS 150 million copies sold, 6.5 million per volume (in 4 years)

MHA 100 million copies sold, 2.5 million per volume (in 10 years)

JJK 90 million sold, 3.4 million per volume (in 6 years)

DS >> JJK > MHA

Savage_Emperor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Savage_Emperor1

Success doesn't just mean the money that this series draw in, it also means their achievements that is linked to it.

The ceo of toho anime claimed mha paved the way for lot of other series in the west and jjk was also among the series mha paved the way for.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Japan KnY > JJK > MHA

Globally - JJK > KNY > MHA

Either way MHA is the smallest one out of the 3

Savage_Emperor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maevis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mha fanboys are weird. KnY and JJK have big 3 level popularity.Mha is just mha

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tuzle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like both JJK and MHA way more than DS, but didn’t DS literally boost Japan’s economy?

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maevis said:

Mha fanboys are weird. KnY and JJK have big 3 level popularity.Mha is just mha

Spot on

Savage_Emperor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Savage_Emperor1

I don't know what you are even saying when the ceo of toho who has better statistics on such claimed mha paved the way for anime such as jjk and kny.

Mha was also the big influence on why anime is currently considered a mainstream in the west. Mha came out at the peak of superhero genre when mcu where producing the final phase of avengers and when naruto and bleach where ending.

Mha instantly got collaboration with mcu and had lot of celebrities talking and even watching it, theirs even a live video of this if you research. Anime only became mainstream because mha was the perfect genre to shock the western and the ceo of toho stated something similar to what I just said.

Anime only became a norm during 2016 and this was the time mha came out. If you do your research, you will see that anime only became popular in the west due to mha. Aot and opm came before mha but didn't do what mha did despite their fame.

Mha chapter 390 out trends US 🇺🇸 election, this is a very popular news. Mha when it came gained a bigger sub reddit than naruto, op, aot and op. It only know that anime community became bigger that naruto and op subreddit started outdoing mha.

Jjk and kny are mostly popular in Japan, mha is more popular than both in the west and has achieved feat that jjk and kny wouldn't even smell. Mha and op are the only consistent series that alway remain in the top 10 in Japan best seller despite being older than jjk and kny.

If you check US manga sales chart, mha outperform kny and jjk combine. Saying mha is less popular than jjk who might I add is just being carried by hype is honestly and insult as even the the company that owns the series knows this.

Mha is the only current anime that made oda (op author) iffy due to it instant success, mha has been praised by the big 3 manga on multiple occasions due to it success, jjk never got that privilege. Even gege (jjk author) admitted that he was inspired by horikoshi's (mha author) work.

Stat and achievements wise, no anime from this gen is touching mha.