Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1901  Edited By BigBaby
@wastelandman said:

@bigbaby:

Those are good showings, but doesn’t this seem to override her showings against griever herself if she can’t even solo someone empowered by her?

That's honestly the part I'm confused about too lol. But to be fair, he prepped against Wanda, and shot her with a memory dart, so she couldn't really use magic, and needed to rely on pure instinct and gestures to manifest her powers. I think Orlando did that intentionally so he could stand a chance.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1902  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: Yes. I hope she fights Griever in the next issue. The Strange Academy project will also carry good potential if it's more successful in live-action, and might actually get more mainstream in comics(hopefully).

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1903  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001@wastelandman: Well, we kind of got confirmation concerning Griever, and why she wants Pietro and Wanda gone before she fulfils her role as an abstract.

I like that Orlando's acknowledging that Wanda's only growing more powerful, even while being nerfed; really kills any previous low-ball.

No Caption Provided

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always glad when there's acknowledgement for the growth of characters, especially here since I actually like Pietro. This seems to go against a bit the idea that Wanda is actually suppressed atm tho.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: That was the only good issue today.

GODS was downright awful again, I don't know why it isn't canceled yet. And the Avengers one was pretty lackluster. At least next week, we're finally getting the Blood Hunt issue.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1906  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: I read GODS, yeah. That entire series confirms what I've always thought about Hickman in general and the amount of ridiculous hype he gets. Really thought it'd bridge the gap in magic lore, but it's done nothing, except vaguely mention Black Priest magic. Avengers was also boring. Not a fan of them fighting Sentinels and having their storylines detracted from to stand in as a tie-in. I'm excited for Bloodhunt, though.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always glad when there's acknowledgement for the growth of characters, especially here since I actually like Pietro. This seems to go against a bit the idea that Wanda is actually suppressed atm tho.

I agree. But the thing that pisses me off is the writers with no respect for continuity, and in the future, I could honestly see Pietro getting shafted again because he's often treated like a running gag. Even recently in Uncanny Avengers 2023, he was knocked out through gas, which is honestly pretty stupid writing atp. But, I do have slight hope for him, since Orlando will continue writing him in Wanda's solo, and actually, Jed's writing him too in Avengers Issue 14 and onwards until Bloodhunt finishes, in case you're interested.

As for the last part, I can honestly see the confusion, but Orlando in the first issue confirmed Wanda's nerfed by sealing Chthon, again, implying that even releasing a sliver of his power is a big constraint on her. So from my perspective, I think he's trying to convey that she's growing in power while carrying that burden. Similar to how a marathon runner who wears weights for training will suddenly become more adjusted to those weights over time, and run faster the more he uses them, but once he removes those weights, he'll gain an even bigger burst.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby:
I do hate how much Pietro jobs, he's actually pretty OP and comparable to Flash levels at his peak but his jobber status makes it hard for a lot of people to take him seriously. Statements like this help a lot of course, especially when he's getting great showings in it too like that picosecond statement is insane.

That could be the case, but I think it's kind of dumb to have her be weakened in her current incarnation given how much stronger she seems to begin with, tbh.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1909  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: @wastelandman: Scarlet Witch Issue 3 details are revealed, and I like that Lore's coming back, since she was a multiversal threat in Wanda's Series. Russell is also working on the interior sketches, and he's one of Marvel's best artists. This should be good:

Lore returns! Scarlet Witch’s fight to reach the land of the living puts her face-to-face with her necromantic Multiversal counterpart! Lore won’t stop until her death at Wanda’s hands is avenged—but another one of Wanda’s nemeses may hold the key to her survival!

Lore, who destroyed her own world before trying to conquer the Multiverse, represents Wanda’s worst fear—a version of herself that’s gone mad with power! Will Scarlet Witch need her own inner darkness in order to defeat her? Check out the art for SCARLET WITCH #3, including a variant by artist Joëlle Jones, and preorder SCARLET WITCH #1 at your local comic shop today!

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Have you seen her design? It's so good:

No Caption Provided

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1911  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: I did, and I'm so offended it looks better than current Wanda's design 😭. Not going to lie, it definitely seems to be trying to take inspiration from MCU Wanda's costume.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1912  Edited By Andromeda1001

@bigbaby: Yea, but I still think Wanda's cosmic design from the Blood Hunt previews is also very good.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1913  Edited By BigBaby
@andromeda1001 said:

@bigbaby: Yea, but I still think Wanda's cosmic design from the Blood Hunt previews is also very good.

Her design is good, but I miss the cape. Plus, some artists don't draw her properly with the cosmic hair, making it look weird at times.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: Russell confirmed on Twitter that it's somewhat inspired from MCU. He's also drawing the fight between Wanda and lore, so I'm expecting some great stuff from her new solo:

The silhouette with the skirt for sure, that costume is awesome! Also X-Men Evolution Wanda inspired me to go goth, and I pulled from modern goth fashion and makeup, plus Maleficent and other macabre stuff — the purple/gray skin is meant to make her look zombie-like

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1916  Edited By Andromeda1001
@bigbaby said:

@wastelandman@andromeda1001: Agamotto's penned to make his appearance:

I saw that, yea.

The Vishanti were meant to appear in MoM, since there are even concept arts:

No Caption Provided

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1918  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: @wastelandman: Ok, the previews for Scarlet Witch #1 have been released, and it looks insane. I think those creatures are Griever's that ate up molecule man(who escaped):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Woah! That art looks sick as hell.

Very hyped, but like, does that mean Wanda is going to fight against Griever in her solo run, or in her team-up book with her brother?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1920  Edited By BigBaby
@andromeda1001 said:

@bigbaby: Woah! That art looks sick as hell.

Very hyped, but like, does that mean Wanda is going to fight against Griever in her solo run, or in her team-up book with her brother?

I think it's going to be in her solo, and she'll find out Griever's after her in the Quicksilver run. Also, it seems like Griever is going to yeet her into another dimension, so Wanda's going to have to come back to the Land of Living. That's how she'll meet Lore and Queen of Nevers.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1921  Edited By BigBaby

Woah! That art looks sick as hell.

It looks similar to the Strange Academy art. I'm a big fan of it. 2024 seems like such a good year for Wanda, since Agatha's series is releasing too, and Wandavision synergy will be in the air.

Also, the Interview with Orlando was released, and he confirmed Moridun's coming:

SO: This is an impossible question to answer! But if pressed, I’d say it’s probably issue two of this upcoming run, which just came out! The one after it is a banger, too. But this one has Wanda as well as Pietro and Lorna! It has Moridun–and more! Most of all, it’s got Wanda looking prominent and powerful. That’s got to be my current favorite. A special note also goes to issue nine of our first solo run, the week in the life issue, with Wanda and Joseph. I was incredibly proud of their arc, and Russell did exceptional work there!

Also, this extra page makes it seem like Darcy's going to be transversing through dimensions/realities; the art is really nice here.

No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

I think it's going to be in her solo, and she'll find out Griever's after her in the Quicksilver run. Also, it seems like Griever is going to yeet her into another dimension, so Wanda's going to have to come back to the Land of Living. That's how she'll meet Lore and Queen of Nevers.

I see. That makes sense, yea.

I think we can expect some great showings, really. Orlando also writes her new solos series, right? He's been giving her some amazing feats.

@bigbaby: It looks similar to the Strange Academy art. I'm a big fan of it. 2024 seems like such a good year for Wanda, since Agatha's series is releasing too, and Wandavision synergy will be in the air.

It's nice to see some good art in Marvel comics these days. Most books have either terrible or meh art.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1923  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001:

I think we can expect some great showings, really. Orlando also writes her new solos series, right? He's been giving her some amazing feats.

Yeah, Orlando's writing her new solo. I have absolute faith in him when it comes to feats; more than even Jed. Orlando's vocally admitted on Twitter, and in interviews that Wanda's insanely powerful, and even at times, jokingly compares her to Endless(who would rolfstomp 95% of Marvel cosmology lmao). He's also written her with agency, so I'm quite happy with him.

It's nice to see some good art in Marvel comics these days. Most books have either terrible or meh art.

I wish they did hire better artists, yeah. It just doesn't translate well with the script when artists don't capture the image of a certain character or fight sequence. That's also why I'm so stoked for Bloodhunt.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1924  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: Andi, I also forgot this, but Orlando confirmed Griever can now enter their reality. I wonder what those structures falling from the sky are, and it seems like reality is getting distorted in her presence, similar to her first appearance:

Steve Orlando: Cataclysmic! Every action Wanda’s taken, every rescue she’s made and life she’s changed, every bit of confidence she’s reclaimed, has built up to the opening of Scarlet Witch. As we saw in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Wanda has become a target for a great cosmic force, one of the if not the chief expression of order, in its way. Her brother has, too. And with Scarlet Witch, that force has truly found a way to cross the dimensional barrier into our reality and intends to make sure Wanda is no longer a part of it. And trust–this is a cataclysm, one that threatens the whole planet at minimum. It has the explosions that go with that, and it also has the heightened emotions and epic hail mary moves that go with it too.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Yeah, Orlando's writing her new solo. I have absolute faith in him when it comes to feats; more than even Jed. Orlando's vocally admitted on Twitter, and in interviews that Wanda's insanely powerful, and even at times, jokingly compares her to Endless(who would rolfstomp 95% of Marvel cosmology lmao). He's also written her with agency, so I'm quite happy with him.

Agreed. Jed himself can be a hit or miss when it comes to feats, unlike Orlando, who seems more consistent in that regard.

I wish they did hire better artists, yeah. It just doesn't translate well with the script when artists don't capture the image of a certain character or fight sequence. That's also why I'm so stoked for Bloodhunt.

Blood Hunt looks great art-wise, yea.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1926  Edited By Andromeda1001
@bigbaby said:

@andromeda1001: Andi, I also forgot this, but Orlando confirmed Griever can now enter their reality. I wonder what those structures falling from the sky are, and it seems like reality is getting distorted in her presence, similar to her first appearance:

Steve Orlando: Cataclysmic! Every action Wanda’s taken, every rescue she’s made and life she’s changed, every bit of confidence she’s reclaimed, has built up to the opening of Scarlet Witch. As we saw in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Wanda has become a target for a great cosmic force, one of the if not the chief expression of order, in its way. Her brother has, too. And with Scarlet Witch, that force has truly found a way to cross the dimensional barrier into our reality and intends to make sure Wanda is no longer a part of it. And trust–this is a cataclysm, one that threatens the whole planet at minimum. It has the explosions that go with that, and it also has the heightened emotions and epic hail mary moves that go with it too.

Nice! I think it debunks the notion that Griever might struggle against Wanda only because she was a "lower" being.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: @andromeda1001: Strange Academy/Voodoo will appear in the next Hulk issue:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/26/marvel-preview-incredible-hulk-12/

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1928  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: @andromeda1001: Strange Academy/Voodoo will appear in the next Hulk issue:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/26/marvel-preview-incredible-hulk-12/

Awesome. I'm glad the Strange Academy is branching out with their crossovers, but damn, I hope our boi Doyle puts up a better fight than that, lol. I'm also really interested in Hulk's interaction with Voodoo, I'm hoping they acknowledge their history from the Uncanny Avengers series, seems really relevant to bring up if Hulk is asking for help with souls.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Awesome. I'm glad the Strange Academy is branching out with their crossovers, but damn, I hope our boi Doyle puts up a better fight than that, lol. I'm also really interested in Hulk's interaction with Voodoo, I'm hoping they acknowledge their history from the Uncanny Avengers series, seems really relevant to bring up if Hulk is asking for helps with souls.

I mean, Hulk has been pretty overpowered these days(I believe @underfire47 once said that PKJ plans to have his Hulk fight the likes of Mangog and other powerful monsters) and under the same series, non-sold the flames of a Hell-Lord consort. Doyle himself is still a child, too. His power level isn't fully developed.

Regardless, I wanna see more of Voodoo, yea. Maybe PKJ will give him some good showings.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Awesome. I'm glad the Strange Academy is branching out with their crossovers, but damn, I hope our boi Doyle puts up a better fight than that, lol. I'm also really interested in Hulk's interaction with Voodoo, I'm hoping they acknowledge their history from the Uncanny Avengers series, seems really relevant to bring up if Hulk is asking for helps with souls.

I mean, Hulk has been pretty overpowered these days(I believe @underfire47 once said that PKJ plans to have his Hulk fight the likes of Mangog and other powerful monsters) and under the same series, non-sold the flames of a Hell-Lord consort. Doyle himself is still a child, too. His power level isn't fully developed.

Regardless, I wanna see more of Voodoo, yea. Maybe PKJ will give him some good showings.

I wasn't aware Hulk was set to fight Mangog, that's a battle I've been wanting for awhile now. and Hulk's powers levels are at the point where he could maybe win imo so that's pretty cool.

I get he's still a child, but I also think Doyle wasn't going all out like he was against his classmates and Emily. Not saying he would have beat the Hulk but I think he'd at least be feeling it.

Same, and it looks like we will be getting more Voodoo since the title of the story has his name in it and it's labeled as "Part One." Maybe we'll get more of the students too. I'm hoping Voodoo maybe has a quick battle or exchange with Hulk for some good feats, tbh.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1931  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman said:

I wasn't aware Hulk was set to fight Mangog, that's a battle I've been wanting for awhile now. and Hulk's powers levels are at the point where he could maybe win imo so that's pretty cool.

I get he's still a child, but I also think Doyle wasn't going all out like he was against his classmates and Emily. Not saying he would have beat the Hulk but I think he'd at least be feeling it.

Same, and it looks like we will be getting more Voodoo since the title of the story has his name in it and it's labeled as "Part One." Maybe we'll get more of the students too. I'm hoping Voodoo maybe has a quick battle or exchange with Hulk for some good feats, tbh.

Indeed. I think it's going to be nice to finally have them fight.

As I said, Hulk's been pretty impressive in his heat-resistance showings under PKJ. He has non-sold the flames of a Ghost Rider and a Hell-Lord consort in his run:

Which means it's not really a low-end for Dolye, but we might see more when the comic is out. We might be able to see more feats in that issue.

I don't even remember the last time Voodoo had a good feat, tbh. So yea, I'd like if Jericho had some good showings.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

I haven’t kept up with Hulk’s current run. That does make me feel better about that instance with Doyle then.

Yeah, Voodoo’s been sidelined pretty hard, don’t remind me, ughh. I mean, technically speaking he should be at his second highest base power level it’s just he’s never given a chance to really do anything solo. A back and forth with current Hulk could be great or at least some large scale magic feats.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

I haven’t kept up with Hulk’s current run. That does make me feel better about that instance with Doyle then.

Yeah, Voodoo’s been sidelined pretty hard, don’t remind me, ughh. I mean, technically speaking he should be at his second highest base power level it’s just he’s never given a chance to really do anything solo. A back and forth with current Hulk could be great or at least some large scale magic feats.

Yea, and I still believe we should wait for the full issue. It might bring more light to the events in the preview.

I'm surely hoping for some good feats, indeed.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

He's also supposed to fight The Avengers, but I can never find the interview/article. Either way, I do like seeing Voodoo. I wonder why Hulk needs help, though?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

He's also supposed to fight The Avengers, but I can never find the interview/article. Either way, I do like seeing Voodoo. I wonder why Hulk needs help, though?

To save Charlie's soul.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Deadpool has called Wanda to be the most dangerous Avenger to have ever lived:

Despicable Deadpool#300
Despicable Deadpool#300

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001: Yea I know about that statement lol. It's pretty good.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

To save Charlie's soul.

I completely missed that part. Interesting.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Voodoo has recently defeated Druid, actually. A nice feat then:

Marvel Comics Presents Vol.3#3

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Yea, i mean he plans for Hulk to fight a lot of people, we will see how much of it comes true in the end the Mangog and Demogorge one are the ones i am most interested in, hopefully they do end up happening cause i can see a lot of potential in them. Also if Doyle is like a child of Dormamu is that other black kid that looks exactly like Voodoo his child lol, also who is the girl suppose to be?

Voodoo should be doing some cool stuff i mean Hulk needs him to apparently send his souls to Hell(not the Below place, a different Hell) to find Charlies soul and bring her back to the living world. That in itself is a pretty good feat considering Hulk has a pretty resistant soul given that recently even Lady Death couldn't claim it.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

@andromeda1001:

Most of the stuff PKJ promised will happen in Hulk like fight the Avengers, Demogorge... that we will see Demiurge eventually down the line and the old Marvel Earth gods and demons he did in youtube format, he does these interviews fairly regularly actually since he started Hulk he mist have done like 7-8 of them it's hard to keep track. Only the Mangog one he confirmed in twitter form which is why its easier to find.

No Caption Provided

How much of any of these promises will make it on the pages of the book we will have to wait and see. Apparently issues 12-18 are meant do delve more into the old lore where we find how Eldest and MOH fit into the old Earth mythos/pantheon.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1942  Edited By WastelandMan
@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: Voodoo has recently defeated Druid, actually. A nice feat then:

Yeah, I had that included in my RT too. It is an impressive showing since Druid's a solid mystic, but by recently I meant within the last couple of years after he got his soul unified with Daniel's and the showing with Druid actually happens before, which goes back to what I was saying about how he hasn't done anything at his his current power level really.

I mean, he did lead the assault against a Shuma avatar in SA once but that's closest to one he's had:

No Caption Provided

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman said:

Yea, i mean he plans for Hulk to fight a lot of people, we will see how much of it comes true in the end the Mangog and Demogorge one are the ones i am most interested in, hopefully they do end up happening cause i can see a lot of potential in them. Also if Doyle is like a child of Dormamu is that other black kid that looks exactly like Voodoo his child lol, also who is the girl suppose to be?

Voodoo should be doing some cool stuff i mean Hulk needs him to apparently send his souls to Hell(not the Below place, a different Hell) to find Charlies soul and bring her back to the living world. That in itself is a pretty good feat considering Hulk has a pretty resistant soul given that recently even Lady Death couldn't claim it.

The black girl isn't related to Dr. Voodoo, but she is a practitioner of voodoo and is actually related to the voodoo Queen Marie Laveau. The other girl is a fairy named Shaylee who's also a student at the Academy.

That's pretty cool and consistent since this isn't the first time Voodoo affected Hulk's soul. Voodoo is actually the foremost expert on souls among mystics in the Marvel Universe, so the more soul feats the better.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1944  Edited By BigBaby

@wastelandman: @andromeda1001: Clea's confirmed to be in the main issues of Bloodhunt, again. I wonder if Jed will write her so that she has a big role:

The skies have gone dark, the sun hiding its face from the carnage to come. The children of the night, the vampires, have risen from the dark and hidden places of the world as one to drown the Marvel Universe in blood. Earth's final night has fallen—can even the heroes of this doomed world stem the tide of blood that is to come? Join the Avengers, Blade, Bloodline, Spider-Man, Hunter's Moon, Tigra, Doctor Strange, and Clea as the dance of death begins in BLOOD HUNT (2024) #1 by Jed MacKay and Pepe Larraz!

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1946  Edited By BigBaby

@andromeda1001: @wastelandman: So I read all of Bloodhunt, and The Avengers got creamed. Thor also lost to the leader, and Strange turned into a zombie at the end of the issue(betrayed by Blade). Wanda got jumped by 2 Bloodhunt members that prevented her from using her magic and then ate away at her pain. It's also mentioned that Strange and Clea need The Darkhold, but Wanda's not willing to exterminate an entire species.

Also, I really hate these constant villains needing some way to disable Wanda's powers, like eating them, or unraveling them. I get that she's OP, but like, why can't she fight without being handicapped all the time lol. This is getting annoying.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Any good feats or statements, though?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Any good feats or statements, though?

Not that I remember, but I can send u the entire thing if u want to read it.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1950  Edited By Andromeda1001

@bigbaby: So, I finished reading Blood Hunt. It was nice, but there wasn't anything impressive in terms of feats or statements. I do find it odd that Blade is the mastermind, though.