Korra or MCU Jen Walter - Who's more unlikable?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Korra or MCU Jen Walter - Who's more unlikable? (61 votes)

Korra 13%
She-Hulk 87%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

MCU She-Hulk is Abby levels of unlikable.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruh she hulk isn’t even that bad

Ben2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched She Hulk yet. But hopefully she's not as bad as Korra was in the comics.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are literally great characters and very likeable.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

MCU She-Hulk is Abby levels of unlikable.

Seethe more. Abby wasn't unlikable

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great characters, especially She Hulk. Stay pressed

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@spiderme said:

Great characters, especially She Hulk. Stay pressed

Based.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are pretty cool

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Andromeda1001  Online

Korra's not that bad.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't see how you can watch seasons 3 and 4 of TLoK and call Korra unlikable. Her development is some of the best in the franchise.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither are bad. For some reason they hate in a show that’s not even bad and a show that’s not even over. She Hulk is a 7/10 show. However character wise Korra is more likable in the first, third, and fourth seasons. Her second season isn’t even worth mentioning.

She hulk is a fine character. But more less likable that korra

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y’all are mad weird for going into female led shows with this mindset.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Both are literally great characters and very likeable.

Mahfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is getting ridiculous

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal: If it’s a a movie/tv show based around women, they’re prolly gonna be labeled as unlikable. Especially if it involves feminism

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf. Why is Jen unlikable? Bc she said that thing to hulk smh

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Both suck so idk

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aystarr

@j_normal said:

Y’all are mad weird for going into female led shows with this mindset.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Vine when a female main character:

No Caption Provided

Ben2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait people think Korra’s unlikable?

Season 1/2 Korra left a permanent bad taste in some people's mouth.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfost_5: That’s exactly why. It’s so stupid

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Straight-Fire
KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KillianDuclark

Korra as a character is weird. Seasons 1-3 suck. Seasons 4 korra is actually good, then for some reason the canon tie in comics make her shitty all over again.

Jennifer is tolerable at her best and cringe at her worse

Samsaknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfost_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfost_5: That’s exactly why. It’s so stupid

SMH it was one statemeant and we don’t even know if MCU hulk went through all that like in the comics

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63aff24553dbb
deactivated-63aff24553dbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra never tried to imply that mean words are harder to cope with than childhood trauma or seeing most of your friends die.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like Korra and She Hulk

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

Female protagonists with muscle mass and confidence, what has the world come to, burn it with fire!

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let’s play ignorant and pretend that’s even close to what the problem with She-Hulk is lmaoo

Cuz there hasn’t been hundreds of female characters loved regardless of that….

But a character saying “CaTcAlLiNg”>>>>People trying to kill you, losing two years of your life on a different planet, and watching your friends die

Is so inspiring and a massive confidence booster. Go off ig

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched She-Hulk yet but Korra was far from an unlikeable character lmao.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19:

> But a character saying “CaTcAlLiNg”>>>>People trying to kill you, losing two years of your life on a different planet, and watching your friends die

That’s, literally not what’s said, and I worry for those who somehow got that from what was actually said.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: I feel sorry for people who can’t understand

“I control my anger infinitely more than you.” 💀

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@nassergrant19:

You’re right, it’s sad people don’t understand

“Oh, so you didn't wind up alone, hiding away on some remote beach with no friends, no relationships, never seeing your family, and definitely not dealing with a decade's worth of trauma?”

I don’t know about you, but the above is blatantly saying Bruce has had a lot of worse traumatic shit he’s gone through. Seriously, her saying “I’m better at controlling my anger” isn’t saying “I’ve gone through more trauma/worse things” it’s saying, “we’ve gone through different life experiences before becoming a hulk”

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: You don’t realize that line is unironically what makes the show’s writing even more trash. I can see why no one likes it and it’s at 50% on RT.

She clearly wanted to say she had it worse with that first conversation but in an effort to shit in her cousin’s face by refusing his help the writers unintentionally concede her life is nothing compared to the real problems Bruce had to face.

Catcalling….I don’t even wanna know what idiot would want to do that to her at that age but seriously….

It’s sad when Jen tries to be a comedic character and none of her jokes ever land. Jen telling her mom she doesn’t wanna be setup and her mom shutting her down with, “Oh no, your far too old for him.” is by far the best joke in the show.

Idk man, the MCU shows struggling. Jen ain’t likeable.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@nassergrant19:

> You don’t realize that line is unironically what makes the show’s writing even more trash. I can see why no one likes it and it’s at 50% on RT.

Okay? This, is frankly, irrelevant to me.

> She clearly wanted to say she had it worse with that first conversation but in an effort to shit in her cousin’s face by refusing his help the writers unintentionally concede her life is nothing compared to the real problems Bruce had to face.

What are you talking about? The entire point (which seems to hilariously fly over others head) is that they went through explicitly different life experiences before they became a Hulk. Lemme put some emphasis on the word, BEFORE. So, no, she didn’t “clearly want to say she had it worse with that first conversation“ that’s you looking into something that’s clearly not there.

> Catcalling….I don’t even wanna know what idiot would want to do that to her at that age but seriously….

Huh, I’m gonna be honest, this sounds like someone that’s either never been to or rarely goes to clubs/bars.

Dude, I’m gonna put it like this, I don’t care about what you think of the show, I don’t care if you think it’s unfunny, hell, think it’s unfunny to your heart’s content, just if you’re gonna say something about it, at least make it right.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler:

What are you talking about?

The piss poor characterization of She-Hulk

The entire point (which seems to hilariously fly over others head) is that they went through explicitly different life experiences before they became a Hulk.

So now your just gonna insert your own headcanon to defend her? That was never implied or emphasized in the scene at all. She was simply talking about Bruce and never spoke of a specific timeline in his life.

Lemme put some emphasis on the word, BEFORE. So, no, she didn’t “clearly want to say she had it worse with that first conversation“ that’s you looking into something that’s clearly not there.

Nah man, that’s the audience looking into something that was distastefully said and a blatantly obvious reason she is disliked.

Loading Video...

Not a coincidence this video got so much traction lol

Even if your right(definitely not) its the show‘s fault for conveying it in such a toxic and lazy way.

Huh, I’m gonna be honest, this sounds like someone that’s either never been to or rarely goes to clubs/bars.

No Caption Provided

Dude, I’m gonna put it like this, I don’t care about what you think of the show,

Ok

I don’t care if you think it’s unfunny, hell, think it’s unfunny to your heart’s content,

Lol…looks to be the consensus….

Loading Video...

just if you’re gonna say something about it, at least make it right.

Too bad it was right

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't find either really unlikable. The only reason I didn't like Korra at first was because I was coping with the fact Aang was no long avatar (and I hate sequels of older shows in general) but she grew on me. I also don't find Jen that bad at all. Maybe I gotta rewatch that scene that's got people all up in arms cause I don't see what yall are seeing.

Avatar image for deactivated-631a923a033aa
deactivated-631a923a033aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robluffy: What, am I supposed to be, angered? Out of control? Insulting? If you’re gonna say something, least come up with something more scathing than “loser boy”. Ya sound like a YouTube comment.

Avatar image for deactivated-631a923a033aa
deactivated-631a923a033aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: Why do you sound so pressed? I’m not the one you should be directing that at

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robluffy:

Dude, if I was pressed, I’d be using all caps complete with exclamation points, insults, and probably cursing like a sailor.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She Hulk is the first MCU show I've actually disliked. I even liked Ms Marvel and loved Kamala but She Hulk is trash and Jen is unlikable. Also lmao at Abby being a good character. She's one of the worst characters ever. That sex scene was so cringe

Avatar image for deactivated-648a60c474283
deactivated-648a60c474283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra was fine. Haven't seen She Hulk, but people seem to only mention her statement to Hulk or the twerking scene. Idk, don't have an opinion yet.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@nassergrant19: That being said,

> So now your just gonna insert your own headcanon to defend her? That was never implied or emphasized in the scene at all. She was simply talking about Bruce and never spoke of a specific timeline in his life.

The only way you could say it was “never implied or emphasized“ is by completely ignoring the context of the scene. She was literally talking about her life, before becoming a hulk, to Bruce. She makes it clear that her life experience, before becoming a hulk, had already forced her to be in control of her emotions. The entire context of that scene, is her speaking about life prior to becoming a hulk and how that’s likely had an impact on her becoming a Hulk. Her comparison to Bruce in that instance is clearly about their lives prior to becoming a Hulk. Bruce had anger issues that went unresolved and manifested once he became hulk (that’s like, a core part of the character). Seriously, it literally doesn’t make sense to say that she’s bringing up her life experience before becoming Hulk, making a direct comparison to Bruce, and not referring to his prior hulk life. What’s emphasized is life prior to being a hulk. That’s not “headcanon” that’s common sense.

> Nah man, that’s the audience looking into something that was distastefully said and a blatantly obvious reason she is disliked.

If people consider saying what amounts to you have a different life experience to be “distastefully said” then I’d be curious to see their reaction to actually distasteful things. But With all due respect, I’m not watching that video, because she blatantly doesn’t say she has it worse than Bruce. Honestly though, do people think her saying she can control her anger more means she’s been through more trauma? Again, she flat out says she doesn’t want to potentially go through the trauma that Bruce has been through