• 54 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Poll Do you still watch Star Wars? (49 votes)

Yes 47%
No 53%

I don't, I just can't anymore. I hate Disney.

The sequel trilogy, the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and the Book of Boba Fett all pissed me off. I tried to give Mando season 3 a chance but gave up entirely after five episodes (pretty generous of me to not have stopped after 3). I still considered watching Ahsoka but decided to wait for the reviews after the full season finished streaming, turned out my suspicions on the series being another I would regret watching was totally right.

I refuse to be a consumer of a brand I do not love anymore. Maybe becoming a Trekkie would fill the void hahaha.

• 
Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do but all your points are true. The only reason I watch Star wars is because I'm clinging onto the hope that someday it will return to what it was in the past.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney has ruined some of my favourite franchises (marvel, star wars), the only movie I've actually enjoyed recently is the hunger games: a ballad of songbirds and snakes (and I'm fairly sure it's not owned by Disney)

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SW now is no worse than it was back then.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: Sorry to break it to you bud but there would be a higher chance for Star Wars to make a comeback in quality if we do not consume the new entries at all, Disney will keep making them as they are doing now so long as they have a steady consumer base. So many people who dislike Star Wars still watch it and then rant online about it which means they are still supporting the franchise despite not liking it; to really hit them where it hurts, we should just not give them our money at all.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@shepard-croft: You never liked Star Wars, that's fine. I'm actually envious, you at least never fell in love to then feel betrayed.

EDIT: Wait, if you meant you like new Star Wars as much as old Star Wars then ok, enjoy what you will.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Supreme101

I only read and watch EU material used to for disney as well your points being exactly(tho i still check out the comics)

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme101: Good on you. Yeah, reading the comics doesn't count as "watching" and Disney can't make nearly as much bank from the comics.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shepard-Croft

@ghostodoofus2: I'm not saying all of Disney's Star Wars is good, but I enjoy more of the content than I hate.

Also SW before the Disney purchase had some duds too. Let's not forget how people used to shit on the prequels constantly.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@shepard-croft: The prequels gave good lore, it's the acting, Jar Jar and the dialogue that made it unwatchable for many.... but you can't deny that it added a lot to the lore and for the better. The sequels are the opposite, its acting is better but that's small consolation for how much they undermined the stories of the previous two trilogies as well as the OT characters.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Point is people hated the prequels and many other things pre Disney. Let's not pretend SW was in great shape before the Disney purchase. People cry now like they did back then.

I don't like the fact that I have to justify liking current SW to the community over and over.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@shepard-croft: If you really like something then you don't have to justify it but that also goes for people not liking it like you do, they have their reasons that can't simply be invalidated (which is what Disney encourages their fans to do).

I'm not saying people haven't been shitty in the past... but in my opinion their hate is a lot more warranted now than before. The prequels weren't as destructive, fans back then were just being spoiled brats but now they are actually getting robbed and genuinely have something to be pissed about.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love STAR WARS. Always have, always will. It’s no different than any other franchise/IP that has its good and bad stuff. I absolutely loathe them as films, but even the craptastic films that are the prequels still have their place.

And you should be into Trek anyways. Good shit.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly stopped watching after Clone Wars. Have checked some stuff here and there, but didn't get much into it.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: Sorry to break it to you bud but there would be a higher chance for Star Wars to make a comeback in quality if we do not consume the new entries at all, Disney will keep making them as they are doing now so long as they have a steady consumer base. So many people who dislike Star Wars still watch it and then rant online about it which means they are still supporting the franchise despite not liking it; to really hit them where it hurts, we should just not give them our money at all.

I don't really despise it but I know what you mean. They kind of have me caught in a loop. I hope that they make good stuff but they never do, but I keep watching because I hope they've made something good

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Still enjoy the franchise as a whole, but the recent stuff just hasn’t had me as hyped anymore. I guess I’ll still cautiously watch the upcoming stuff (heavy emphasis on cautious, particularly regarding The Acolyte) but it’s not as instantly drawing to me like before.

Mando seasons 1-2 were the peak of Disney Star Wars hype imo. Book of Boba had some goodwill from the end of Mando to keep us invested, but squandered a lot of it. From then on I haven’t been as immediate to watch the new stuff, except for Ahsoka, which wasn’t as much of a hit for me as I was hoping. Idk, maybe I’m just depressed in general or something.

The comics haven’t really been hitting the same either. It’s plagued by a lot of wheel-spinning and unnecessarily grandiose events stacked one on top of the other to increase sales. I don’t think they’ve gone more than 10 issues since the post-ESB comics started without another crossover across multiple books. First they had War of the Bounty Hunters, then Crimson Reign and Hidden Empire, and now Dark Droids. Plus they’re making comic adaptations of Mando for no effing reason. Most unnecessary comics ever lmao. Just watch the show for crying out loud!

The new slate of Prequel comics sounds promising enough. Qui-Gon and Mace Windu centric stories might be a little safe, but I think they’ll be good. I just wish they’d go for some more out-there Jedi. Give us some more of the oddballs we don’t get to see a whole lot. Make us care about Agen Kolar, Even Piell, Ki-Adi-Mundi, or Oppo Rancisis. Hell, maybe give us an actual canon origin for Grievous, please? So far barely anything from his Legends EU stuff is canonized. Even if you want to go in a new direction, I think I’d be fine with that. Just for the love of god, build on his generic motivations and explain why he has the damn cough.

High Republic is okay I guess, but Phase 2 really shouldn’t have been slapped right in the middle of the whole event. It throws everything sharply into a different era with completely new characters and little narrative or thematic consistency with the other phases, so it’s super jarring and disrupts the flow. I think that’s really where a majority of people got lost, and Phase 3 is struggling to pick things back up again. I barely looked at anything from Phase 2 besides The Blade comic. I’ve been meaning to check out some of the novels though.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope tales of the Jedi season 2 is good

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen anything after Rogue One.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Agmine570

Let your hatred of Disney flow through you.

OT: No.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

I liked Rogue One, two seasons of Mandalorian and Andor.

The sequel trilogy was awful (I hated my favorite characters being ruined), The Book of Boba Fett was bad, Obi-Wan Kenobi even worse. I doubt I'll watch Ashoka; I'm tired of being disappointed.

CatMan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars: Multiverse of Madness with a Legends and Canon crossover would save star wars

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman6: god no. That’d be an utter nightmare. Star Wars should stay as far away from multiverse as possible. It’s just wrong for the franchise and the multiverse is already overused to high hell with superhero flicks.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman6 said:

Star Wars: Multiverse of Madness with a Legends and Canon crossover would save star wars

No. Absolutely not.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman6: god no. That’d be an utter nightmare. Star Wars should stay as far away from multiverse as possible. It’s just wrong for the franchise and the multiverse is already overused to high hell with superhero flicks.

Well it's either that or we erase the current canon and re-canonize Legends.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepard-croft: I’m sorry, but are you for real? That might genuinely be the single worst decision Star Wars can make now. Multiverse shit has more than overstayed its welcome by now. I know for a fact there’d be a well-warranted outcry over this if it happened. Alternate realities and what ifs in Star Wars should be left to one-off comic books and silly fanfics. For god’s sake, the franchise doesn’t have to bend to every damn modern trend. It was already weird when they did an end-credit scene in Mando to advertise Book of Boba Fett.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: or they could just… not do multiverse? Maybe make better content? You’re acting like that’s one of two inevitable conclusions when it’s something that should just outright NEVER happen. Star Wars Infinities is as far as official alternate histories for Star Wars should get. How the hell would an EU/Disney multiverse even happen? What would be gained from it?

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition: I agree with you here. They can either show us a very interesrting event in the past before the age of Skywalker or just move on to the future. No need to create an entirely different universe just to tell another story.

Twentyseven42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Agreed. That being said, I wouldn't be averse to them doing a "Star Wars Infinities" type series akin to 'what-if' (but not stupid), giving fans some good stories without the need to delve into a 'multiverse'. Would be a big win for Disney if they could pull something like that off.

NOHOOUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing to do with modern star wars

the last great star wars product was clone wars. everything else after that was garbage

CatMan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH what we really need is something like Marvel’s multiverse where different writers can make different canons based on what they want to do, but the universes would never interact

Sav0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. Last thing I watched was OWK and that was overall not very good. Haven't even watched TROS yet and probably never will. I might watch Acolyte tho.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sav0 said:

Nah. Last thing I watched was OWK and that was overall not very good. Haven't even watched TROS yet and probably never will. I might watch Acolyte tho.

Don't watch tros. Or at least don't waste money on it, watch it illegally

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not. It's just boring and I expect the same 2/10 material to be produced. Last thing I watched was Andor (totally worth it).

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catman6: @twentyseven42: I’d only enjoy multiverse if it never crossed over. That’s honestly been my problem with Marvel’s What If content. They should be self-contained stories that start and end in maybe an episode or two, before moving on to the next idea. Instead they have several recurring variant characters interacting with one another like Captain Carter. What If season 1 was fun, but they should’ve stayed away from trying to tie all the stories together again. It doesn’t need to be multiverse-ending stakes every time.

Star Wars what if is a neat novelty for fanmade shorts. I don’t really want to see it extensively covered by an actual official show or something.

thomasmariel33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sequel trilogy, though competently filmed, is a pointless exercise in rewatchability. Is that an oxymoron? I would venture no, as despite the Last Jedi in fact being a positive promotion of pointlessness, it is hindered by TFA's remake problem and The Rise of Skywalker's recurring nature to overdo the sake of coincidence in favour of the protagonists.

The classic trilogy, is a problem - generally at least - of archetype of classic times in favour of specific world-building. The prequels, on the other hand, is a problem of filmmaking now being the shit quality versus the world-building aspect being good.

So there you have it: every trilogy, has a serious problem.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The originals 4, 5 and 6, Rogue One and the Prequels are alright.

mutantheroic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

said:

The originals 4, 5 and 6, Rogue One and the Prequels are alright.

CatMan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly... I stopped watching Star Wars a while ago. I tried to get back into it, but I just don't feel excited about the content anymore. The Acolyte trailer looks boring AF imo and the whole red lightsaber character is gonna probably contradict the fact that the Jedi thought they eradicated the Sith. It's clear Disney has no idea what they're doing and that they clearly can't do better

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cj_the_dj

Kind of?

• Watched all of the new Disney movies because I was hyped for more Star Wars films, and tried to continually tell myself that this one was going to be better than the previous entry. They all majorly sucked (bar maybe Rogue One - which I haven't rewatched since it released on DVD, and probably do need to give a rewatch if I want to determine its quality).
  • Watched The Mandalorian S1 and S2, because people said it was good. The result was that I was utterly shocked anyone could shill for something so unimaginably boring and uninspired. I then decided I was only going to take recommendations from people I was absolutely confident I could trust.
  • Made an exception to my rule for quality assurance with Kenobi, because Disney got me hook, line and sinker with promises of seeing Ewan and Hayden again. So not worth it. Got through 2 episodes before I was forced to stop watching, as I didn't really like anything they were doing with Obi-Wan's character.
  • Andor got recommended to me by a trusted friend who had agreed with all of my takes on Disney Star Wars. Given this, I decided to give it a go, and was happy to find that it was very good.

So, in other words, I haven't given up on Star Wars as an IP. I just refuse to watch things to dislike them, as I don't think that's a very good use of my time. Especially, I think the continual complaining some people do on the internet is kind of pathetic. But I will still watch things if I have reason to think they are good, as in Andor's case, and I must admit I'm very stoked for Andor Season 2.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42 tparks  Online

Can you imagine seeing these poll results a decade ago?

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still stand by this.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

The fandom was complaining about the franchise before it got to Disney lol

doyul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still watch them but they've definitely got boring and lame

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the sense that I still watch the stuff I like? Then yes, absolutely. In the sense that I still watch everything? Still yes for the most part, though I feel I do it more to stay in the current loop of conversation around things, and even then I often don't instantly and eagerly jump on a show like I used to. Still, I'm also always interested and hopeful that they'll turn things around in my view, which is why I still tune in. There's also stuff I'm genuinely interested in or even excited for. The Acolyte has the potential to be like a car crash in my mind, so it at least has me intrigued, and Tales of the Empire is something I am genuinely looking forward to, even if I have some issues with some Filoni-isms that will likely be prevalent. Regardless, I'll always be a Star Wars fan. There's always the movies that I will enjoy, as well as novels, comics, shows, and other material. The old stuff will always be there, and quite often something new will come out and be good too.

MakeorBreakit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MakeorBreakit

From now on I will only watch Star Wars when I actually hear legitimately great things about it. Mostly character development and plot rather than "Its the best thing ever because Darth Vader or character X from the cartoons showed up!" the over reliance on cameos lately has been so tiring. Andor and Mando S1 were a breath of fresh air

anderioan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: warhammer calls to you brother....

But in all seriousness I highly recommend it. Trek can fill some of the gap and I did really enjoy Trek after my love of new SW faded in the disney era following tLJ. Warhammer though, that has captivated me, and I honestly think it gets my creative juices flowing more than Star Wars ever did.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers