Is Killua LS?

• 83 results
Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If not, what speed would you put him at?

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but he is pretty good mach wise

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gelato_exotic

He's in the low sub-relativistic ranges IMO for that dart game feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-63055bdc61167
deactivated-63055bdc61167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No.

Not even relativistic

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cbarlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cbarlion

In all seriousness, he should be relativistic in reaction speed for the things that come into contact with his aura. As far as I remember, anything that did got completely outclassed by Killua. And for those people who bring up Youpi or him running to like Peijin, that was Killua using Speed of Lighting and not Whirlwind.

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man, I miss HxH

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nup

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When using whirlwind, he's relativistic MAYBE.

When using Godspeed, massively hypersonic for me.

floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light speed Killua Zoldyck is a new one.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok sure

Avatar image for deactivated-605fa2b8d3995
deactivated-605fa2b8d3995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hypersonic

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not lol.

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hotcheetojuice
No Caption Provided

Let's just ignore the notion of the feat being a massive outlier even if it was legit, and the fact that in the same "light speed reflexes" scan killua literally corrects the guy by saying he didn't actually react, he just knew exactly how to anticipate when and where it would hit based off of the other darts. Two contextual things that are also quite relevant in qualifying such a feat, which people ignore. But for now I'll do the same and just focus on the whole LS thing at face value.

If killua is LS just because they mentioned it to hype him up, then so are Hajime no Ippo and Baki characters. So is kirin from naruto, along with a crap ton of other things and characters in naruto, even since the land of the waves arc. So are random street level swordsmen from katanagatari. Also anyone who is described to have “lightning reflexes” can also apparently literally react to things moving x286 faster than sound. Which includes regular sports players since it is quite a common phrase. Matter of fact, just the other day I was watching tennis and one of the girls was said to have lightning reflexes by the commentator. So I guess she’s just way faster than I thought. True story by the way.

Tl;dr: Hell no. The fact that this has become an actual question makes me question the state of some people's minds on this site. I don't want to hear anything more about hunter x hunter being an underrated verse lmao.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gelato_exotic

@hotcheetojuice: Killua blitzes and solos Baki and Hajime no Ippo verses neg-diff why would you even compare them to him? Trying to compare speed statements between Killua and verses that don't even compare to him in speed lmfao. Not saying Killua is LS because that feat clearly has context but not everything is hyperbole or an outlier just because you don't like it.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic: You missed his point lol. He wasn't comparing Killua to those verses, he was comparing the hyperbolic statements of the shows. If Killua was said to have light-speed reflexes when he actually doesn't (like you said) the statement becomes a hyperbole. It would also be an outlier as it wouldn't align with the HxH in-verse scaling and power levels. It would be so inconsistent with actual showings and characters who scale much higher than Killua that IMO there's no point in believing it.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gelato_exotic

@senate: Trying to say that just because the statements in one different verse are hyperbole it applies to other verses that don't correlate with it whatsoever and operate on completely different levels is just dumb.

It's the equivalent of saying that the guide saying Beerus from Dragon Ball could easily destroy the entire Universe is hyperbole because Temari from Naruto also has a similar statement in a guidebook of being able to blow away the entire Universe, despite Beerus himself and his verse consistently having a plethora of feats on that scale while Temari's verse at the time wasn't even on the planetary scale.

AKA a completely nonsensical usage of false equivalences, just like using verses without any comparable speed feats and scaling to Killua such as the likes of Baki and Hajime no Ippo to call stuff in HxH hyperbole, especially when HxH consistently has high and top tiers well into the Hypersonic range, Killua included. The dart literally had a MHS Lightning timer Killua like character on edge trying to react to it, I see nothing that suggests it to be a hyperbole and the author intent seems clear.

And it's not a true LS feat and like Killua literally admits himself so I don't know why the whole muh outlier argument is even relevant here.

And if it was a true LS feat (which even if it was, it would only scale to his reaction speed and not his movement/attack speed), you'd have to go about a long way quantifying how fast every single character who scales above him stands in reaction speed specifically without using attack or travel speed, along with proving they even scale to Godspeed, which is hyped up as one of the fastest things in verse and prove that they can't be sub-relativistic in reaction speed which is where I personally place the feat, in order tor call it an outlier.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic:

No one said that the verses mentioned were equivalent in speed, but rather equivalent in their usage of hyperbolic statements. It was an analogy used to demonstrate how verses can over-exaggerate certain feats with questionable wording, and applies to HxH, even if the verse scales much over the likes of Hajime no Ippo and Baki. I don't understand your point since both the phrases like "speed of light" or "speed of lightning" are hyperboles in the context of all the shows mentioned. Stating something similar in DB would not be considered an exaggeration, but actually a feat because of the power level of the show.

I agree, it isn't LS, but I was sayingif it was, then it would be an outlier.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gelato_exotic

@senate:

No one said that the verses mentioned were equivalent in speed, but rather equivalent in their usage of hyperbolic statements. It was an analogy used to demonstrate how verses can over-exaggerate certain feats with questionable wording, and applies to HxH, even if the verse scales much over the likes of Hajime no Ippo and Baki

Obviously I haven't seen/read it in a long time but I don't remember an abundance of hyperbole in HxH at all compared to HoI and Baki. It's an analogy that doesn't make sense because unlike those verses HxH actually has consistent showings of speed to suggest these statements may not be so hyperbolic.

I don't understand your point since both the phrases like "speed of light" or "speed of lightning" are hyperboles in the context of all the shows mentioned. Stating something similar in DB would not be considered an exaggeration, but actually a feat because of the power level of the show.

I don't think lightning speed statements in HxH and for Killua are hyperbole whatsoever, LS I can see why you'd think so but with how the dart gave trouble to Killua and how fast he himself was already, I don't see it as hyperbolic.

And yeah, I made the Dragon Ball analogy to point out how some verses actually do have feats that hold true to their statements, while some other verses can have the exact same kind of statements and be completely hyperbolic.

HxH has consistent showings to suggest that their statements aren't hyperbolic while Baki and HOI don't, is what I'm saying.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Senate

@gelato_exotic:

Obviously I haven't seen/read it in a long time but I don't remember an abundance of hyperbole in HxH at all compared to HoI and Baki. It's an analogy that doesn't make sense because unlike those verses HxH actually has consistent showings of speed to suggest these statements may not be so hyperbolic.

You don't think LS in HxH is hyperbolic?

I don't think lightning speed statements in HxH and for Killua are hyperbole whatsoever, LS I can see why you'd think so but with how the dart gave trouble to Killua and how fast he himself was already, I don't see it as hyperbolic.

No I agree. I used lightning-speed as an example of how other media can make hyperbolic statements. Not saying that HxH doesn't have lightning-speeds, but LS is a stretch. We actually agree on a lot of things here, so no point in arguing lol.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gelato_exotic

@senate:

No I agree. I used lightning-speed as an example of how other media can make hyperbolic statements. Not saying that HxH doesn't have lightning-speeds, but LS is a stretch. We actually agree on a lot of things here, so no point in arguing lol.

I mean, no one scales to it and it was from a specific special Nen ability, it's not like it was some attack or reaction or movement speed feat, which is why I personally don't take it as hyperbolic along with the fact it gave a character above lightning speed the utmost difficulty.

With the amount of outlandish things Nen has shown to be capable of, I don't think a specific ability no one scales to the speed of being LS is too much of a stretch.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic:

Made this thread because people were legitimately saying Killua had LS reactions. Nothing more, nothing less. Wholeheartedly disagree with it, not trying to downplay the show though.

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hotcheetojuice

@gelato_exotic:

It's an analogy that doesn't make sense because unlike those verses HxH actually has consistent showings of speed to suggest these statements may not be so hyperbolic.

Like what?

Also you know Baki characters, specifically Yujiro can also easily lightning time too right? But massively hypersonic... does not even begin to approach the speed of light. At all. Even if the verse were to be a lot slower, which I do agree HnI is, it doesn't change the fact that neither are remotely close to LS. So how fast are you saying a verse has to be for those kinds of hyperboles to actually begin to hold any relevancy?

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gelato_exotic

@hotcheetojuice: Yeah, it blitzed the shit out of said MHS character and had him on complete edge and even he admitted he wouldn't have been able to react to it without knowing the exact moment and place it would come from.

Unless there's stuff that blatantly contradicts it being LS or HxH was some regular human speed level verse, and with Killua being a hyped up top tier speedster in his verse, I see nothing other than denial that would suggest it to be hyperbolic, the author intent seems clear to me with the statement, how else would LS movement be showcased in magical darts in the context of that scene lol.

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic said:

@hotcheetojuice: Yeah, it blitzed the shit out of said MHS character and had him on complete edge and even he admitted he wouldn't have been able to react to it without knowing the exact moment and place it would come from.

Unless there's stuff that blatantly contradicts it being LS or HxH was some regular human speed level verse, and with Killua being a hyped up top tier speedster in his verse, I see nothing other than denial that would suggest it to be hyperbolic, the author intent seems clear to me with the statement, how else would LS movement be showcased in magical darts in the context of that scene lol.

I meant why is killua MHS to begin with?

And I'm saying that the same could be said for Baki either way. Again Yujiro has a casual lightning timing feat. I would even say HnI is above regular human speed, since they are constantly making afterimages and moving fast enough so that others are unable to see them. My question is again, why could any of these LS statements be counted as legitimate at all, if even massively hypersonic speed does not begin to approach light speed? What level of speed does a verse have to be at for LS statements (which would otherwise be dismissed as hyperbole) to actually hold any weight?

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hotcheetojuice

@harumi2zoldyck: I don’t see it as much of a notable feat in general if you don’t account for the whole LS statement, which I don’t, so him being weakened/suppressed from his full potential doesn’t make things much better.

But LS killua confirmed by the databook is something I would like to see so feel free to post any scans. As for Kirin, I’m not sure what you mean by “confirmed” since most of this is from the databook.

Harumi2Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Harumi2Zoldyck

@hotcheetojuice said:

@harumi2zoldyck: I don’t see it as much of a notable feat in general if you don’t account for the whole LS statement, which I don’t, so him being weakened/suppressed from his full potential doesn’t make things much better.

Keep in mind this was a dart that when you throw it at a dartboard, it instantly makes contact with the target. And it doesn't exist until it does so.

But LS killua confirmed by the databook is something I would like to see so feel free to post any scans. As for Kirin, I’m not sure what you mean by “confirmed” since most of this is from the databook.

I'm not sure what you mean by "i'm not sure what you mean" but here:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Death8Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watch HXH in a while might go watch it again

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harumi2zoldyck:

Keep in mind this was a dart that when you throw it at a dartboard, it instantly makes contact with the target. And it doesn't exist until it does so.

Yes, but still not seeing how this is at all an impressive feat for killua, seeing as how he was tagged repeatedly before he was near death, and by the end he didn't react at all, he just had to predict. And "instantly" does not specify much about the dart's speed itself, aside from how it relates to killua.

I'm not sure what you mean by "i'm not sure what you mean" but here:

I mean I don't know where you would get kirin's speed being "confirmed" from other than the databook, which I was already referencing as a means of saying it's just another hyperbole.

Also can you highlight where the Japanese phrase is in that scan? This is all I got after translating it.

No Caption Provided

And the main text that's blocked out says

After returning from the battle with the restarting ants to save Gon, Kirua regrets his powerlessness in front of Gon. However, he leaves the hospital, convinced that he is the only one who can rejuvenate the critically ill Gon.

AzazelMP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he does not even break the sound barrier.

Avatar image for varricpatermann
VarricPatermann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the high quality from HxH, but no. He isn´t even MHS, let alone Sub-Relativistic.

Harumi2Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hotcheetojuice: I'll have to relook and see. Might be the wrong one but I'll check.

Harumi2Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he does not even break the sound barrier.

LMAO.

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hotcheetojuice

I’m dead bruh

Hxh fans are something else fr

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LS as light speed? hell no.

He's not even lightning speed all the time, only his Whirlwind.

man, I love HxH but they're not this fast.

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gelato_exotic:

Hunter x Hunter fans wanking their verse

No Caption Provided

You wish Killua was FTL like Okuyasu

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funkynamu: You stay hating on the kidd Killua bro😔.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noy

d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With everything shown in hxh I'd be surprised if he was even HS.

side note, what made people wank hxh so much? my guess is that since there's been a drought of actual content for the series people have just started to circlejerk the characters.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m dead bruh

Hxh fans are something else fr

Just check their profiles. Its some scary stuff.

WhimsicalFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... He's MHS+ with Relativistic reaction speed?

Harumi2Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok well I guess the question of this thread has been answered lol.

hotcheetojuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hotcheetojuice

@harumi2zoldyck: but... I’m not the one arguing for this though? You are. The other small parts weren’t translated because they weren’t in good enough quality. But it shouldn’t even be my job to tell what the scan actually says/where it says it at all, because if you were the one claiming the scan confirms that he’s FTL then I would think it’s obvious that you should know where it says that as well, to prove your claim, and not be completely disingenuous.

Even aside from all of that I thought you said you were going to recheck it yourself. Why do I need to do it now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff28288e0b69
deactivated-5ff28288e0b69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is Goku subsonic?

pics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d1vine_: I mean, you saying him being hypersonic is already proof enough you have zero idea what you talk about, so by default what you've seen "was non-existent" because if you watched the show you would know Killua reacts and dodges hypersonic bullets from 57 cm, statues high supersonic projectiles in movement, explosion times in all base...

d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pics: i mean the one of the most hyped wog speed feat in the entire series is neteros punches being supersonic. and the series itself has a lot of narrative analysis although not on the same page as visual novels