Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- When the Night Comes

"When the night comes, you'll have to be prepared for the worst. Do you want to know what will happen? You don't want to know. Trust me. I've been there. But you on the other hand, don't know $h!t. So, why do I care? I have been doing this sort of thing for a long time. Hunting and killing... You're only getting in my way. I had to do this job, but it doesn't pay much. How's that for a living?"

"Do you wanna know what's best for you? You should go and find out for yourself. You might get lucky if you do so. I'll be happy about it. But let me tell you something about the worst thing that could happen if you get out there. See... the thing is you will have to take certain precautions in order to protect yourself. Such as this crossbow here. Yes... Do you see it? Just take it and hold it like this. Eventually, you will get used to it."

You look at the crossbow and hold it.

"You may be young and stupid, but you'll learn how to defend yourself when I'm not around. Do you wanna know why? Because I'm getting too old for this kind of $h!t."

You look at him.

"Just hold on a second. I'll be right back." The hunter hurries to the bathroom. Several minutes later, he arrives back.

"Okay. So... Where was I? Oh yeah... I'm just getting old for this $h!t. Like I was doing it for years. And you? You've only managed to kill one of those things. Jesus Christ! You need to kill some more if you want to survive in this $h!thole. Because once they come here, we're all in deep $h!t. See that body over there?"

You look at the body and nodded.

"Yes. Because that's what's gonna happen to you if you don't do a darn thing about it. Your brother knew a lot about killing those things. Because I have taught him well enough. You're just scared. That's all. I can understand that. We're all scared. But we need to be strong and defeat these unholy b@$t@rd$. One of these days, you're gonna learn how to be a man. Just like your brother."

You look at your brother again, and then puked.

"Oh Christ! No... That's not the way to go." The hunter sighed. "Okay... That's well and fine. I can see that you're not ready yet. But hold that crossbow. Okay? Don't let go."

You wipe your mouth and nodded.

"Are you still scared, son? Because if you are, I won't be happy. Just stay strong, and you'll do fine. You're not gonna cry. Are you?"

You shook your head.

"Okay. Wait a minute. I hear something." There was a sound coming from the outside window. You and the hunter walked slowly, and hide behind the couch. You can feel the cold rushing to your skin. You shiver, and feel like that you want to go to the bathroom and pee. But not really. You just stand there, and wait for those things to arrive. One of them is looking at you from the outside window. It's eyes were blood red, and you begin to feel nauseous again. But you know that the hunter will not be happy. So, you hold it back and stood firm. You're still holding the crossbow now, and aimed at the window. Most likely, the hunter will not care. Because all the windows are already broken. The hunter and your brother have managed to kill those things.

"It's up to you, son." You look at him, and nodded as always. You couldn't say a word because you're still scared. The hunter raised his katana, and waited for the door to open. You remembered your father's words, "These things don't need invitation. Those are just wild theories, and you know it. They just keep coming..."

You're sweating... sweating... sweating... You feel like you don't want to do this anymore. But you have to. You're doing it for your father and your dead brother. You're doing it for them!

You're shivering... Your father noticed you, and said not to be scared. You still aim at the window, and then fired!

The window smashed into pieces. You shot the thing's eye, and it screamed. There are others coming...

You scream as well. But your father tells you to stop screaming, and act like a grown-up. You drop the crossbow on the floor, and shook your head. You don't want to do this. You ran towards the corner and hold your head down.

Your father keeps yelling... and yelling... The door banged open! He slashed them away, but the things got him. You see the carnage right in front of your eyes. You screamed again.

Like your father said, "When the night comes, you'll have to be prepared for the worst."

Next story- High Stakes.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited