Mismatch between potential points and points awarded

Feuerschwinge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Feuerschwinge

I've taken up adding volumes, issues and missing metadata for various comic series.

Today I've noticed random mismatches between the actual points awared and the ones calculated. The pages were barebones entries, I added a description and creators. Which should at least have netted me 16 points, if my memory doesn't deceive me.

The actual results were 4 points, because, judging from the moderation rollup, description was assumed to already have existed, and only the creators were added.

Edits in question:

Question behind this: Have I been hit by a bug? Or is there a reason behind it?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

It might be because we need to alter your edits a bit. Official copy-pasted descriptions should be in italic font to indicate to copy-pasta.

Feuerschwinge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@killerz:

Hm, okay, good to know. Will try to avoid the pitfall next time.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KillerZ  Moderator

Also couple of tips for editing. Covers should be bigger for issues, and the short description section can be left empty when submitting new volumes or issues, as it will end up in the top of the page, which looks weird and has limited character space.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KillerZ  Moderator

Oh, and try to find correct covers. Official webpages often have unfinished covers for solicitations. Eternus cover has changed a lot for example.

No Caption Provided