Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #5

No Caption Provided

(W) Gerry Conway (A) Nathan Stockman (CA) Ryan Stegman

• It's family fun night at the Parker household!

• After their first outing as a Spider-Family, Peter and MJ want to have a nice relaxing night with Annie.

• So of course the Parker Luck dictates that Sandman has to crash the party!

Rated T

JAN170998 In Shops: Mar 22, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

"Like taking candy from a hobby horse..." Someone wrote that line down, they were given to someone to print and then approved to be in this comic.

Why!? It makes no sense! A hobby horse is the stick with a horse-head that children play with. It does not possess candy, it's just a horse head on a stick! It doesn't have pockets or arms.

I am so glad I stopped reading Marvel and DC.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@doc-holiday: I assume it is meant to be a continue on the joke they just made, be it no one says cake walk, but everyone says piece of cake.

fastflash12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Like taking candy from a hobby horse..." Someone wrote that line down, they were given to someone to print and then approved to be in this comic.

Why!? It makes no sense! A hobby horse is the stick with a horse-head that children play with. It does not possess candy, it's just a horse head on a stick! It doesn't have pockets or arms.

That's too bad, DC Rebirth is on a tear recently.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this preview, Annie sure is a handful. This is the Peter and MJ we deserve.

Avatar image for darkeklipse2964
DarkEklipse2964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkeklipse2964
DarkEklipse2964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday : I think Marvel should instruct its writers to stop making jokes in comics as they just go over some people heads, or just dumb them down more until the light bulb goes on. Sheesh it was meant to be funny!!! but if you already quit reading comics why are you still complaining about whats in them anyway?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

Excited! Though the art is hard on the eyes. Where's Ryan Stegman!?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you may try to find an hobby, since continue to read and comment preview of things that you don't read may be a... weird way to spend your time :)

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy this light-hearted REAL successor to Spider-man compared to what we get in the main universe title.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@doc-holiday said:

- Stops reading main stream comics

- Continues to read main stream comic previews

Because f*ck logic, right?

Much like trailers and news articles, I read them to see where comics are rather than spend money on them. I assume by your tone you just simply consume all media without criticism, terrible way to live.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

I really enjoy this light-hearted REAL successor to Spider-man compared to what we get in the main universe title.

Hell YES!

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great, can't wait! This issue got a bit delayed so it's nice to be less than a week away from it. lol

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Stegman will be back next issue. He's awesome.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy:

@ursaber: Stegman will be back next issue. He's awesome.

Yeah. Sorry but I do not like the artist Nathan Stockmam, he drew Annie like a deformed kid, looks like a spider monkey. I don't dig how he drew Annie.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Well idk what to say, I approve it. Only thing is that his Annie looks a bit too... small? Idk. I do think he handled Peter and MJ (And the villains) better tho.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Well idk what to say, I approve it. Only thing is that his Annie looks a bit too... small? Idk. I do think he handled Peter and MJ (And the villains) better tho.

He did but there's still something a little off. Annie looks like a spider monkey and twistedly cartoony in the first page when she's hopping all around the page and her mouth is engulfing her entire face! Her facial expressions were exaggerated quite a lot. I do like how he drew MJ though. Peter looks fine until the final panel of the second page where he and MJ have this uncomfortable look in their faces.

Doesn't deter me one bit. Just won't be that easy on the eyes like Stegman's art. Its still gonna be a family focused one shot that continues to explore this beloved family and I'm stoked!

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amazingfantasy: I thought this art was by Stegeman lol. Looks Kinda simliar to me.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Well in fairness Stegman is an A+ artist. :p We've been spoiled a bit. LOL

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really liking shocker's gauntlets. Were they always like that? I really am enjoying the graceful weave of the metal that goes up his arms. It especially grants some really cool symmetry with his black vest. I dunno, it just is really pleasing to look at!

Guess I just like the small details thrown in here and there, such as the vomiting man outside of Vinnie's and the jackolantern placed on the wall. Not to mention how you can see in the first page a photo of Peter and MJ on their wedding day and a photo of Aunt Anna and Aunt May on the wall (can't really see Aunt May cause Annie is in the way). The little things like that kinda make the world more fun!

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I just like the small details thrown in here and there, such as the vomiting man outside of Vinnie's and the jackolantern placed on the wall. Not to mention how you can see in the first page a photo of Peter and MJ on their wedding day and a photo of Aunt Anna and Aunt May on the wall (can't really see Aunt May cause Annie is in the way). The little things like that kinda make the world more fun!

Oh you can bet its Aunt May, you can see her trademark bun off of Annie's notebook. Anna and May in a picture together, a beautiful memento to their favorite relatives who've passed from this world and into peace.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@transformers1024 said:
@doc-holiday said:

- Stops reading main stream comics

- Continues to read main stream comic previews

Because f*ck logic, right?

Much like trailers and news articles, I read them to see where comics are rather than spend money on them. I assume by your tone you just simply consume all media without criticism, terrible way to live.

Quite the assumption, but no I tend to be overly picky when it comes to my comic books. It's why I haven't read a Dan Slott Spider-Man comic in over 2 years. I know I'm going to hate it so why would I waste my time? Much like why you would continue to click on comic previews if you know you're going to hate it based off of one joke. Thats kinda sad if you ask me.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: I think the Shocker look it's just from this universe. Probably one of those little different details that RYV has from 616. Very similar, but with subtle differences.

And I agree, I love these small little details. Especially when there's no attention brought into it, it's the stuff that you see when you analyse for yourself and go like "Oooh I see what you did there" heh.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Can we petition marvel and dc to do a crossover with annie and supersons?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this idea!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: I think the Shocker look it's just from this universe. Probably one of those little different details that RYV has from 616. Very similar, but with subtle differences.

And I agree, I love these small little details. Especially when there's no attention brought into it, it's the stuff that you see when you analyse for yourself and go like "Oooh I see what you did there" heh.

Probably. Conway and Stegman have planned on giving most of the rogues a facelift as we saw in issue 1. Maybe Stockman put his own flair into it and if so, I likey! I hope to see more of shocker in these comics now. Its really fantastic that they do these alterations with the costumes. Some attire doesn't age well and should be changed up as time goes on. This is why the films have altered the attire for a lot of the rogues as they are put onto the big screen. They become more appealing.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ibe

It's supposed to be a continuation of the previous joke that Sandman doesn't say the common phrases correctly.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love 'Renew Your Vows'! There's something about the family antics that makes me smile. Whoever's against the Spider-marraige over at Marvel is crazy. If we won't get it in 616, at least I have this.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kalorama

@doc-holiday said:

It's probably for the best. Because if a silly, obviously intentional, throwaway joke in a preview gets you this wound up, the actual comic is liable to give you a coronary. It's a joke . . . I say a joke, son.

Seriously, man, relax.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELL YES! Damien and Jon can have dogfight over Annie only for both of them to get owned by her.

Hell I'd petition DC to handle Amazing Spider Man rather than Marvel who just keeps Peter as Peter Pan.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love 'Renew Your Vows'! There's something about the family antics that makes me smile. Whoever's against the Spider-marraige over at Marvel is crazy. If we won't get it in 616, at least I have this.

Marvel's heads are old white big bellied geezers who misunderstand Spider Man on every level. They have a warped perception of the ideal that is Spider Man and strive to keep him an eternal Peter Pan. RYV is the single best Spider Man material to come out after OMD. All I can hope for is for Marvel to continue to stomp, for DC to continue crushing them, for Slott's writing to continue getting worse so that Marvel can wake up from their dementia and revitalize their greatest superhero.

RYV SHOULD BE THE MAIN SPIDER MAN CANON!

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the face Peter and Mj make when she shows them the the ad. It perfectly captures forcing yourself to be excited for something horrible.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

I love the face Peter and Mj make when she shows them the the ad. It perfectly captures forcing yourself to be excited for something horrible.

No Caption Provided

jecurema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jecurema

AWESOME NEWS OF THE DAY:My Uncle Brayden just got a new cream Chevrolet Camaro Convertible by working part time off of a macbook air open this link for more info..._+_+_+_+_

_+_+_+_+_+ http://www.jobocean3.com

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows Vol 2 is the single best Spider Man book to come out since 2007. It stays true to the character of Spider Man, his evolution and his responsibility. In other words, NOT making faustian deals with the devil.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is how you write a Spider-Man book. If only @danslott could write a quarter as good as this.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how you write a Spider-Man book. If only danslott could write a quarter as good as this.

Creative death and rehash are synonymous with him. RYV is so good, I'm on a collection hunt for the cool variants!

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Annie is currently my favorite superhero child, she deserves to be send to the mainstream universe she is a far more likeable character than Miles.

Maybe marvel will keep Peter single and acting like a teenager forever but at least he could have his own kid Like Batman, it will give him character development, and I feel like Peter didn't progress as a character at all since OMD.

Mad_Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandman is a joke of itself right now.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why does Marvel hire 3year olds with broken fingers to draw their their comics with the contents of a week old diaper?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided