CSRF Token Fix: A temporary remedy

Avatar image for tomtheawesome123
tomtheawesome123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Delete Comic Vine's cookies, you don't have to delete all cookies. This will log you out and you will have to log in again but I have been able to post now due to this.

Step 1: Click on the lock here

No Caption Provided

Step 2: Click on cookies

Step 3: Scroll down to https://comicvine.gamespot.com

Step 4: Click delete, do not click Block

If this doesn't work...

If this does not work, tell me and I will try to see what is wrong. I am not a professional, but I did take some time to look at the code for this site.

I have looked at the files used for this site, the file which handles the AJAX and posting and all that is called "all.js" . You can find this by going F12 through developer tools.

The issue is the actual comic vine server itself, not client side. The issue is that the CSRF tokens on one of the HTML elements gets fucked up and becomes binary.

No Caption Provided

The CSRF tokens are server generated it seems, they change every time you click the post reply button which is annoying. When you first load a page all CSRF tokens and token ids are legit, but when you click Post Reply, for pages where you get the error it becomes binary.

Hence, I believe the problem largely revolves around Cookies, this is obvious as well since many users claim that clearing their cookies worked (Albeit some still get the error).

But yeah, it is server side so tough luck.