Battle Forum Table of Contents

• 116 results
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@sirfizzwhizz: when it comes to votin KMC is a completely different beast. All matches have assigned judges (either 3 or 5). However back before the admin stuffed up the "views/post" (it now for new threads always shows the same number of both) a BZ thread that had say 30 posts would often have well over a 1000 views. The ones that get near to a 100 posts (which are rare) get several thousand views. The interest of those reading the debates vastly outnumbers how manh visit normal battle threads.

The advantage is that there is NEVER a point where every current tourney battle and Battlezone (= CAV) aren't visible on the first page. Here on CV we have more threads per page. Even if there were 12 tourney's in round 1 with 8 battles (16 competitors) that would still lea e room for 4 CAV's on the first page.

Never a reason to have to look for any battle too hard.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

True that.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@sirfizzwhizz: when it comes to votin KMC is a completely different beast. All matches have assigned judges (either 3 or 5). However back before the admin stuffed up the "views/post" (it now for new threads always shows the same number of both) a BZ thread that had say 30 posts would often have well over a 1000 views. The ones that get near to a 100 posts (which are rare) get several thousand views. The interest of those reading the debates vastly outnumbers how manh visit normal battle threads.

The advantage is that there is NEVER a point where every current tourney battle and Battlezone (= CAV) aren't visible on the first page. Here on CV we have more threads per page. Even if there were 12 tourney's in round 1 with 8 battles (16 competitors) that would still lea e room for 4 CAV's on the first page.

Never a reason to have to look for any battle too hard.

This sounds so much better than the voting system we have right now in comicvine. I had no idea there were orther forums that had CaV types debates. Though now that I think about it, that was stupid assumption.

I wonder if there is a way we could make that happen on comicvine.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Just_Banter  Online

Just a thought, but I think that the battle dictionary would fit pretty well in the OP. Especially so when new users look at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo mods if any of you see this I wanna ask; can I make a meme lords battle royal?

Avatar image for lordshepherd123
LORDSHEPHERD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever nuked Darth really goofed up with that ^ lol

MaryJones1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By MaryJones1

@jashro44 said:
@i_like_swordsrapidessay said:

..I can't believe we hadn't thought of this before. Such a simple yet helpful idea. Awesome.

@beatboks1 suggested this a few times.

To be fair only because a few other comic forums I go to have done it that way. On one forum they used to have 15 stickies (frustrating as only a dozen or so threads were ever on the from page), now only one with the links to the 15 in it. Makes using the site a LOT easier.

And all though I think the phonebook is helpful I find a lot of users don't use it. I've removed myself from the phone book like 6 months ago but I still need to tell users to stop calling me into threads with characters I don't care about (I was never even in the phonebook for half the stuff I get called out for).

Tell me about it. I've never even been in the phone book AT ALL, and I get so many call outs it beyond a joke. has anyone EVER seen me take interest in debates that didn't feature either a mystical, or demonic character or a member of the JSA/All Star Squadron/Infinity Inc, LoSH, Legion/Rebels, Defenders, West Coast Avengers, heroes for hire or suicide squad?? yet i get call outs galore on characters I've never even read

Oh, thanks!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance of having a Banned Character list? That way i wont waste my time making up a battle to have it locked. Or is there one already?

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime: TOAA, Yhwach, Kaguya, Dragonball characters against non-anime/manga characters.

Presence is sort of banned but also not banned depending on who you ask.