JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rounds:

1. Standard Gear.

2. Sozin’s Comet is in place, and Peter has the Iron Spider.

- Morals off.

- Winner by any means.

- Fight takes place in a neutral setting.

- Distance is 80 feet apart.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Prime Versions.

KingKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula should take it

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter could lose some rounds in character due to his personality but he’d still win a comfortable majority at this point, he murders her every time in this scenario.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Azula would likely win without Sozin's Comet; she definitely wins with Sozin's Comet

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KillianDuclark

I was initially going to say Azula but the more I though about it, the more Peter seemed like the sure victor.

With morals off (which side note is basically in character azula lol) Azula would obviously start off with lightning, but honestly I don't think those bolts have the potency to kill him in one go. Even amped by sozins comet a peak human like Zuko survived after being hit by them (admittedly he did need immediate aid afterwards, but still) Especially in the iron spider armor which would undoubtedly be more than durable enough to tank such attacks, and could theoretically even use the electrical charge to amp the suit similar to how other models of stark tech armor get amped by lightning.

Parker has the agility and precognition to just dodge the attacks before they are launched and follow it up with instant kill mode or whatever it was called.

Overall I would give it to Peter 6.5/10

Next

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey.

DaredevilAang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we stop acting like avatar characters aren’t superhuman they survive things no human can and have crazy reaction speed plus strength feats. No more of this peak human talk

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Azula would likely win without Sozin's Comet; she definitely wins with Sozin's Comet

How? Unless you're arguing Peter would be caught off guard by the fact she can shoot fire from her hands I don't see how she can ever come close to tagging him when he's out of character here. Obviously it's well known but for posterity here it is again;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

...he dodges a hallway full of gunfire with his eyes closed, making him faster than any bender by an order of magnitude besides hilarious outliers.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cheth  Online

@geekryan said:

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Okay, now let’s see him dodge building-sized blasts of fire and lightning

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan said:

@buildhare: Okay, now let’s see him dodge building-sized blasts of fire and lightning

^^^Building sized blasts of fire, along with missiles and gunfire.^^^^

I don’t know much about Avatar outside of watching both shows.. do we call the lightning blasts IRL lightning speed?... I’d suspect that a 1000 drones targeting Spider-Man with Sonics, missiles, flamethrower, and machine gun fire is about on the level.

——

Id go with Spiderman I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b7d26231fcb
deactivated-60b7d26231fcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:
@viking1205 said:
@geekryan said:

This really.

Thank you for reading this reply and hope you have a marvelous day! :D

No Caption Provided

-Mr. BlackDragon

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: None of those flames had the size and potency that a Comet-amped Azula’s fire has....and Spider-Man still managed to catch fire lol.

Dodging missiles and bullets, no matter how many, does not mean he could dodge lightning, which is hundreds of times faster than the speed of sound. Azula’s Comet-amped lightning was also much larger and more powerful than her regular lightning.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan said:

@death4bunnies: None of those flames had the size and potency that a Comet-amped Azula’s fire has....and Spider-Man still managed to catch fire lol.

Dodging missiles and bullets, no matter how many, does not mean he could dodge lightning, which is hundreds of times faster than the speed of sound. Azula’s Comet-amped lightning was also much larger and more powerful than her regular lightning.

Id like to see the size and potency I guess, the missiles were decent, and ye he caught fire when hit with a flame thrower(tends to cover you in flammable liquids) and he was pretty ok...and he got out of the fire, is there a reason to think Azulas fire is faster than the flame-thrower feat I showed?

So are we calling this Avatar lighting the same speed of IRL lighting, I think I asked that...I usually dont call energy attacks the speed of the element used unless its kinda explicitly that fast.

Anyways, because this is only one shooter, and precognition allows him to react before the shot s fire I think its fair to say that he could avoid the lighting in a kinda spider sense type aim dodge even if hes not as fast as the lighting bolt after its fired(which im still not convinced of because its not really comparable to IRL lightning to my knowledge)

For example, I generally dont rate Starlordss electric blast from his gun as the speed of lightning or electricity.

No Caption Provided

Is there a reason why we should consider Azulas attack anymore lighting speed then we consider Starlords attack?

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:I'd contest lightning-bending being as fast as cloud to ground lightning, but even ignoring that, it has a fairly obvious build-up.

In regards to the match itself, I think it's a fairly even match.

Azula is fairly superhuman, but Peter still has a considerable stats advantage in all categories, with great mobility, gear and precognition. But tough as he is, Peter doesn't want to take her blasts, though his suit is somewhat resistant to heat, he's not entirely immune (seeing as he still chose to put out the fire, via the water). The concussive force behind Azula's bigger blasts will definitely hurt regardless, and if he is hit by the lightning, it'll kill him.

I could see this swinging either way. Might lean towards Peter as of FFH.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man stomps the fodder

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

Given he mastered the Spidey-Sense in FFH (explicitly what the gif is) that should be trivial, aim dodging Azusa is a non issue with precog.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Id like to see the size and potency I guess, the missiles were decent, and ye he caught fire when hit with a flame thrower(tends to cover you in flammable liquids) and he was pretty ok...and he got out of the fire, is there a reason to think Azulas fire is faster than the flame-thrower feat I showed?

So are we calling this Avatar lighting the same speed of IRL lighting, I think I asked that...I usually dont call energy attacks the speed of the element used unless its kinda explicitly that fast.

Anyways, because this is only one shooter, and precognition allows him to react before the shot s fire I think its fair to say that he could avoid the lighting in a kinda spider sense type aim dodge even if hes not as fast as the lighting bolt after its fired(which im still not convinced of because its not really comparable to IRL lightning to my knowledge)

For example, I generally dont rate Starlordss electric blast from his gun as the speed of lightning or electricity.

No Caption Provided

Is there a reason why we should consider Azulas attack anymore lighting speed then we consider Starlords attack?

I wouldn't say he was "okay", he was obviously bothered by it and needed to douse himself into the water to put the fire out. You can even hear his relief after the fire gets put out.

Some feats of Azula's firebending:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The four GIFs above were done by Azula while amped by Sozin's Comet. As a reference, fodder firebenders with the Comet amp can do this (5:36).

Non-amped Azula can do this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1) Evaporates Katata's large water wave and then busts through Aang's thick earth wall

2) Again, breaks through Aang's earth wall with a slightly charged attack

3) Her fire blast causes a massive explosion

4) Slices through a building

In terms of lightning:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1) Her redirected lightning destroys a chunk from a cliffside

2) Blasts a hole through Toph's earth wall, which looks to be at least a meter thick

Although Azula usually needs to charge her lightning, she has been able to release instant lightning, but it's less potent. Comet Azula's lightning was much faster and stronger:

Loading Video...

(3:27)

There's debate about how fast lightningbending is in the Avatar verse, but, here's some pretty solid evidence of it being as fast as natural/real lightning:

No Caption Provided

Iroh reacts to natural lightning and redirects it.

I don't see Spider-Man being able to dodge fire blasts that are as large and potent as Azula's while not amped, let alone with the Comet amp. He could aim dodge her lightning, but again, her blasts are quite large.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eredin12

@geekryan: Nice to see that you agree now that lightning bending is as fast as a natural one

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@geekryan: Nice to see that you agree now that lightning bending is as fast as a natural one

I'm not 100% convinced about it though, and it's definitely up for debate

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cocacolaman  Moderator

Azula both rounds

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan:

Imma be honest, I don’t see anything in the fire section much better than the flamethrower.. let alone the flamethrower and missiles and gunfire, the flamethrowers alone are pretty comparable, when I look at spiderman dodge the flamethrowers, Sonics, missiles, and bullets it doesn’t seem like just a flamethrower could do it.

—-

The size of the fire doesn’t seem much better than the flame throwers or the explosions he escaped from... both about small building sized, and I don’t see the fire being more potent in the gifs you provided.

I think Spiderman could avoid and even tank a few blasts.(I think he was pretty OK with the fire and close proximity explosions.. they caused minor discomfort or minor harm but I don’t think it affected his ability to fight)

—-

Ye I remember that Iroh feat, kinda unclear if he’s timing lightning or calling it to himself but it does definitely seem like lightning speed.(and he’s a step above Azula anyways right?)

I’m kinda on the fence about if avatar lightning attacks are irl lightning speed but either way it’s heavily telegraphed and with precog should be something Spider-Man can dodge.

——

I still lean Spider-Man, I could see Azula taking some wins here and there, but pre cog and imo a speed advantage, and the ability to tank some fire blasts kinda puts this fight in Spider-Mans favor.

(And I now definitely think he wins round 1, those unamped fire blasts do not seem impressive at all).

Azulas only real wins come from a lucky lightning attack (lucky because of precog and the way she moves her hands to Telegraph her attack), fire doesn’t seem faster or more potent than 1000 murder drones.

Spider-Man’s wins come from any kinda CQC, and also taser webs, or impact webs, or web bombs, or web nets.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

Imma be honest, I don’t see anything in the fire section much better than the flamethrower.. let alone the flamethrower and missiles and gunfire, the flamethrowers alone are pretty comparable, when I look at spiderman dodge the flamethrowers, Sonics, missiles, and bullets it doesn’t seem like just a flamethrower could do it.

—-

The size of the fire doesn’t seem much better than the flame throwers or the explosions he escaped from... both about small building sized, and I don’t see the fire being more potent in the gifs you provided.

I think Spiderman could avoid and even tank a few blasts.(I think he was pretty OK with the fire and close proximity explosions.. they caused minor discomfort or minor harm but I don’t think it affected his ability to fight)

—-

Ye I remember that Iroh feat, kinda unclear if he’s timing lightning or calling it to himself but it does definitely seem like lightning speed.(and he’s a step above Azula anyways right?)

I’m kinda on the fence about if avatar lightning attacks are irl lightning speed but either way it’s heavily telegraphed and with precog should be something Spider-Man can dodge.

——

I still lean Spider-Man, I could see Azula taking some wins here and there, but pre cog and imo a speed advantage, and the ability to tank some fire blasts kinda puts this fight in Spider-Mans favor.

(And I now definitely think he wins round 1, those unamped fire blasts do not seem impressive at all).

Azulas only real wins come from a lucky lightning attack (lucky because of precog and the way she moves her hands to Telegraph her attack), fire doesn’t seem faster or more potent than 1000 murder drones.

Spider-Man’s wins come from any kinda CQC, and also taser webs, or impact webs, or web bombs, or web nets.

1) You're kidding, right? How does a random flamethrower with like one feat compare to Azula's firebending, whose attacks can be building-sized even without the Comet amp?

Keep in mind that Spider-Man got tagged by a much smaller flame blast, and that's the only feat said flamethrower has AFAIK.

Her fire blasts tore through Aang's earth wall on two occasions:

The impact also sent Aang flying several meters back, into the wall, and he was KO'd.
The impact also sent Aang flying several meters back, into the wall, and he was KO'd.
Evaporates Katara's wall of water, and then a casual attack busts through Aang's earth wall. Again, the impact was strong enough to push him and Katara back.
Evaporates Katara's wall of water, and then a casual attack busts through Aang's earth wall. Again, the impact was strong enough to push him and Katara back.

You keep bringing up bullets and missiles, but those are small projectiles and not comparable to the raw size and power of flames that Spider-Man would have to dodge against Azula.

We see Spider-Man get tagged by a much smaller flame with no potency feats, and it looks like he got tagged by the missile's explosion as he was jumping off the structure.

The flamethrower is nowhere near small building size, and it has zero potency. The missile is a different story, but it's still a projectile and not the same as a stream of fire.

You haven't provided any feats to suggest that Peter could tank one of Azula's fire blasts, or even survive in her stream.

Iroh didn't summon the lightning, he reacted to it and redirected it. By feats, Azula is above Iroh.

The Comet-amped lightning is pretty instant and not as telegraphed.

Look at the feat again:

No Caption Provided

Here's a frame of how big the explosion was:

No Caption Provided

Here she literally slices through a building's corner twice:

No Caption Provided

The flamethrower has better potency than that?

As for webs, Azula can likely dodge them. She's incredibly agile even without her firebending, and has avoided attacks from Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko, etc. She also downed Iroh before he or anyone else there could react. Most bending attacks travel at arrow-speed, and Spider-Man's webs definitely aren't supersonic.

I could see Spider-Man winning R1, but I don't think he would take a majority. As for R2 with the Comet, he doesn't stand a chance.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
@geekryan said:
@death4bunnies said:

@geekryan:

—-

—-

——

1) You're kidding, right? How does a random flamethrower with like one feat compare to Azula's firebending, whose attacks can be building-sized even without the Comet amp?

Keep in mind that Spider-Man got tagged by a much smaller flame blast, and that's the only feat said flamethrower has AFAIK.

Her fire blasts tore through Aang's earth wall on two occasions:

You keep bringing up bullets and missiles, but those are small projectiles and not comparable to the raw size and power of flames that Spider-Man would have to dodge against Azula.

We see Spider-Man get tagged by a much smaller flame with no potency feats, and it looks like he got tagged by the missile's explosion as he was jumping off the structure.

The flamethrower is nowhere near small building size, and it has zero potency. The missile is a different story, but it's still a projectile and not the same as a stream of fire.

You haven't provided any feats to suggest that Peter could tank one of Azula's fire blasts, or even survive in her stream.

No Caption Provided

Here's a frame of how big the explosion was:

No Caption Provided

Here she literally slices through a building's corner twice:

No Caption Provided

The flamethrower has better potency than that?

As for webs, Azula can likely dodge them. She's incredibly agile even without her firebending, and has avoided attacks from Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko, etc. She also downed Iroh before he or anyone else there could react. Most bending attacks travel at arrow-speed, and Spider-Man's webs definitely aren't supersonic.

I could see Spider-Man winning R1, but I don't think he would take a majority. As for R2 with the Comet, he doesn't stand a chance.

OK… I think Id accept avatar lightning being lightning speed, especially with iroh, I think Spidey could still dodge with precog, but I accept the lightning speed lightning.

So you think Spiderman got tagged by a missile but Azula is gonna oneshot with her rock wall feat...those rocks were kinda stacked and that missile blew up masonry (and 3 blow up a stark jet)

Best I saw for the size of the fire was small building sized with the comet.

I keep bringing up missiles and sonics, and bullets in addition to the flame throwers because he was dodging them all....seems like a flame thrower alone from a single shooter would be a fair amount easier to dodge then a 1000 drones, and like I said it doesnt seem to have the capacity to significantly harm him(I pointed out in my previous post that he not only took the flames but close proximity explosions, so I was relating both)

You say I haven't provided feats to say Spiderman can tank the loose rock wall busting fire when you your self say it looks like he was hit by the missile that busted masonry(I think it was just close proximity, he took a bunch of close proximity blasts)

No Caption Provided

Here is the still frame you provided of the size of Azulas blast next to a still frame of Spiderman's explosion...seems about on the same level....tho I rate busting mortared masonry above busting stacked rocks.

Building slice is neat, still under the level of the explosions and flame throwers I think.

Spidermans webs are near bullet speed...so I dont know why youd claim subsonic.

No Caption Provided

I have four more instances of this ^ from the final FFH fight.

I could see her dodging some strait webs, but with the addition of grenades, and nets and ricochets along with his silly accuracy and agility Id think he'd tag her before she tagged him, and I think he'd tank better.

I think Spiderman for sure wins round one, and based off what ive seen here takes round 2 also.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

@geekryan said:

@death4bunnies: Alright, agree to disagree.

Fair.. I think it’s a good battle, and as always a joy to debate with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter, for sure.

No Caption Provided

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cocacolaman  Moderator

Azula curbstomps lmao

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula slaughters with sozins comet, and she'd still win a convincing 8-9/10 majority without it. I like how someone showed the feat of spidey webbing away from the misseles, yet was still tagged and set aflame. What is this supposed to prove?

InfiniteGear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao azula learns some respect and dies

Avatar image for minecraftmaster11
Minecraftmaster11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came into this thread ready to say Peter clowns on Azula but after seeing some of the arguments presented in her favor I'm actually pretty torn. It really has been too long since I've seen ATLA, I completely forgot some of the crazy shit the characters are capable of despite only being "peak humans"

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula slaughters with the comet.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of arguments here seem to be so focused on tanking, seemingly forgetting who this is she's fighting. Spidey will dodge everything thrown at him with little difficulty.

R1:Spidey dominates her in literally every stat: Strength, Speed, Agility, and equipment. He dodges the blasts when in range and webs her up (including her mouth when she starts spitting fire at him).

R2: Nothing in the avatar verse can pierce Mk 50 Stark nano-tech. A blast of lightning from Thor in the first Avengers Assemble (which was beyond anything Azula has ever done) was absorbed and redirected by the Mark VII Iron Man Suit, which is fantastically inferior to the Mk50 and Iron Spider which are built of the same stuff.

tl;dr-- Spidey both rounds in a stomp mismatch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: "Hilarious Outliers"

Like what? There are zero equivalent feats of agility and evasion in the avatar verse to what Tom Holland Spidey does in those gifs you showed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minecraftmaster11: don't get me wrong, this is a stomp by spidey. But the characters of Avatar are well beyond 'peak human'. And what can be accomplished with training and mentorship much greater

- Teenagers and and adults pelted with massive rocks that would pulverize any standard human, often able to break them with sheer physical force, just look at what Azula was doing to those rocks being hurled at her, put any standard 15 year old female gymnast/martial artist in that situation.

- Teenage Girls able to not just hold their own against but dominate waves of fodder opponents.

-Vertical leaps from non-benders that go meters into the air.

EvyHL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey tbh

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anderioan: How is spiderman dodging blasts a quarter of the size of a capital city?

FormerDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: even if he cant dodge it he definitely tanks it with the iron spider, also it's "morals off, winner by any means" so the iron spiders insta killmode + him not holding back like how he was against goblin in nwh he takes it pretty easy

FormerDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of arguments here seem to be so focused on tanking, seemingly forgetting who this is she's fighting. Spidey will dodge everything thrown at him with little difficulty.

R1:Spidey dominates her in literally every stat: Strength, Speed, Agility, and equipment. He dodges the blasts when in range and webs her up (including her mouth when she starts spitting fire at him).

R2: Nothing in the avatar verse can pierce Mk 50 Stark nano-tech. A blast of lightning from Thor in the first Avengers Assemble (which was beyond anything Azula has ever done) was absorbed and redirected by the Mark VII Iron Man Suit, which is fantastically inferior to the Mk50 and Iron Spider which are built of the same stuff.

tl;dr-- Spidey both rounds in a stomp mismatch.

aggrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted Spidey knocks her into next week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Those blasts from the two siblings combined were not even close to a 'quarter of the size' of the city.

Also you gotta read the conditions. If Stark Nano-tech can endure a direct blast from the power stone itself, there is nothing even an amped Azula can do that is going to scratch it.