Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC's Top 10 Martial Artists

• 94 results
    Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Stronger

Even though he was a 10yr old kid ,Damian Wayne should be in the top ten, due to his vast knowledge of martial arts ,from the League of Assassins,Batman, etc......

Damian lost to Tim Drake twice.....

@stronger said:

@vance_astro: Cause Batman doesn't have powers.And it's unfair......

Then why did you brought up Batman 's words??Come on man,I am sure we 've been through this before.......I can name quite a few false or miscalculated sentences some characters have said over the years.We have to use credible feats.

You know in the Superman/Batman series,when Batman gained Superman's powers one-shotted WW.

Not when you're comparing how skilled they are in comparison to each other and not arguing who can beat who. Obviously she'd beat him in one attack.

I brought up Batman's words because I believe them not to debate your point as this isn't a battle a thread. I CAN also name quite a few false statements made by characters..I don't think this is one of those.

The actual Superman is incapable of one-shotting Wonder Woman, so regardless of how skilled he is, Batman isn't capable of doing it either, because having "Superman's Powers" means just that.

Do you believe Shang Chi is the most skilled warrior in the Marvel Earth?Cause that's what Black Panther said.Batman has way more skill feats than Wonder Woman to indicate that he would easily take her in a h2h random encounter with no powers.

To compare Wonder Woman and Batman you should account that they must be on the same physical level.For example either Wonder Woman needs to be depowered or Batman needs her powers.

In most of his fights,Superman uses brute strength.Batman always uses his skill.Batman K.Oed WW because he fought smart.

Please name some feats of Wonder Woman w/w.o. powers that indeicate her skill level is higher than Batman's. All I have from Wonder Woman is beating the hell out of some street thugs and some secret agents(without powers).Ah,and getting her butt kicked by Black Canary in a sparring match(with powers).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@stronger said:

Do you believe Shang Chi is the most skilled warrior in the Marvel Earth?Cause that's what Black Panther said.Batman has way more skill feats than Wonder Woman to indicate that he would easily take her in a h2h random encounter with no powers.

Black Panther never said that Shang Chi was the most skilled warrior on Marvel Earth.

@stronger said:

To compare Wonder Woman and Batman you should account that they must be on the same physical level.For example either Wonder Woman needs to be depowered or Batman needs her powers.

Most skilled martial artists in comics are on different physical levels. If this was a battle thread and we were saying who would beat who, you would depower her for the thread but you can't tell me that I couldn't use skill feats she has from when she had powers because the characters she fights ARE on her physical level or have some type of abilities that even the odds.

@stronger said:

In most of his fights,Superman uses brute strength.Batman always uses his skill.Batman K.Oed WW because he fought smart.

It doesn't really matter how smart he fights unless he used a nerve strike or a pressure point or something like that he's not capable of dropping her with one hit with Superman's powers.

@stronger said:

Please name some feats of Wonder Woman w/w.o. powers that indeicate her skill level is higher than Batman's. All I have from Wonder Woman is beating the hell out of some street thugs and some secret agents(without powers).Ah,and getting her butt kicked by Black Canary in a sparring match(with powers).

I never said that she was more skilled than Batman and I don't think that's what "best melee fighter in the world" means either. I responded because you said without powers Batman would stomp. I don't think so but I'm not saying she's a better fighter.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By colonyofcells

1. karate kid 1. 2. karate kid 2. 3. black dragon. 4. vandal savage. 5. wonder woman. 6. ras al ghul. 7. sensei. 8. richard dragon. 9. bronze tiger. 10. lady shiva.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

Black Panther never said that Shang Chi was the most skilled warrior on Marvel Earth.

@stronger said:

Most skilled martial artists in comics are on different physical levels. If this was a battle thread and we were saying who would beat who, you would depower her for the thread but you can't tell me that I couldn't use skill feats she has from when she had powers because the characters she fights ARE on her physical level or have some type of abilities that even the odds.

@stronger said:

It doesn't really matter how smart he fights unless he used a nerve strike or a pressure point or something like that he's not capable of dropping her with one hit with Superman's powers.

@stronger said:

I never said that she was more skilled than Batman and I don't think that's what "best melee fighter in the world" means either. I responded because you said without powers Batman would stomp. I don't think so but I'm not saying she's a better fighter.

1) I think he was talking with Luke Cage about the skill level of Iron Fist and Shang Chi.I should check it out.

2) Even if this counted, Wonder Woman hasn't beat anyone with any particular skill better than any of Batman adversairies over the years.

3) Well they were fighting on the moon,and Batman elbowed her back to Earth because of the inertia.If you 'd like to see the scan,I have it.

4)Well featwise,Wonder Woman cannot really compare with Batman. That's why I said what I said.I am still waiting for some WW feats.

I ' give you the scans in a sec.....

I am using my phone right now.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#56  Edited By utkanflash

martial arts not mean just power, strength, deadly or skilled

1-O-Sensei

2-Batman 1 Million

3-Batman

4-Karate Kid

5-Bronz Tiger

6-Richard Dragon

7-Lady Shiva

8-Cassandra Cain

9-Wonder Woman

10-Connow Hawke

11-Ra's Al Ghul

12-DeathStroke

13-Nightwing

14-Constantine Drakon

15-Azrael

16-Prometheus

17-I-Ching

18-White Canary and Black Canary

19-Huntress

20-David Cain

21-Jason Todd

22-Damian Wayne and Tim Drake

23-Bane

24-Cheshire

25-Katana

26-Rorschah

27-Onyx

28-Ravager

29-Owlman

30-Barbara Gordon

31-Vic Sage

32-Roy Harper

33-Green Arrow

34-Catwoman

34-Renee Montoya

This is my Top 35 ;)

By the way ım forgot to say big barda and female furries

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By herrweis

Richard Dragon

O-Sensei

Lady Shiva

Deathstroke

Bronze Tiger

Karate Kid

Artemis(amazon)

Batman

Black Canary

Nightwing

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- First of all, who the *** is karate kid?

- Regardless, my list goes:

- 1. Sensei

- 2. Lady Shiva

- 3. David Cain

-4. Cassandra Cain

- 5-10. somewhat irrelevant and Bruce is somewhere in here.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Stronger

I have detected some major miscalculating here.

People place David Cain above Cassandra and Bruce??

MattGalvatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Deathstroke has the strength of ten men, so he probably, one on one, could beat batman. But if this is just about Martial Arts then Batman might be better trained. Agreed with poster above though, people putting David Cain above Batman and Cass are wrong. Cain can't beat Bruce and Cass now has Cain and Bruce's training putting her above both. Also she beat Lady Shiva...so yeah.

ChiSoxRox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ChiSoxRox

@utkanflash said:

30-Barbara Gordon

To single her out, if you have Babs on here, you have to put Kate Kane (Batwoman) above her. The two fought in Batgirl #12: it lasted four panels, Barbara didn't get a single hit in, and it ended with Kate handing her a silk handkerchief for the bloody nose. Kate Kane was top of her class at West Point a decade earlier, and has been training relentlessly since then. She has to be high on any female list.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Superman. Martial art is the art of unarmed combat. Using lightning speed and immeasurable power to punch everyone else on your top 10 list to the mutha' fing moon makes him the greatest martial artist in the DC Universe.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kilowog52

Are we talking Val Armorr Karate Kid, or the second one? (whose name I don't know). Also what about lesser known characters like Lady Vic, King Snake, Cheshire, and I read somewhere there's one called Zeiss or something. And what about Catman or Scandal from the Secret Six?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jwalser3
    1. Catman
    2. Karate Kid
    3. Richard Dragon
    4. Slade Wilson
    5. Batman
    6. Black Canary
    7. Dick Grayson
    8. Damin Wayne
    9. WW
    10. DoomsDay
    starscream22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. bronze tiger
    2. batman
    3. deathstroke
    4. bane
    5. starscream

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off of PURE skill, in my opinion it's:

1) O-Sensei

2) Karate Kid

3) Bruce Wayne (morals off)

3) Richard Dragon (prime)

4) Constantine Drakon

5) Bronze Tiger

6) Cassandra Cain (with her ability)

7) Lady Shiva

8) Connor Hawke

9) David Cain (invented body reading)

10) Slade Wilson

Though 5-9 are interchangeable the most I believe, morals off, skill-wise they all could give each other hell. Every fighter has good days and bad days, skill and poise are neglected based on the meta, super and peak human standards. Utilizing their skill alone, morals off is the sole reason I have Bruce so high, morals on I'd put him at a tie with Shiva. He fought a furious Cassie to a standstill while he was trying to talk her down, he's defeated Dragon and Cain and had it not been for Slades ability and Bruce's morality he would have killed Slade (who's my favorite honestly). That's why I have him so high. But in character, holding back a bit, he drops a few spaces.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JJ62

1. Karate Kid

2. Senseii

3. Deathstroke

4. Richard Dragon

5. Batman

6. Bronze Tiger

7. Cassie Cain

8. Lady Shiva

9. Black Canary

10. Ra's Al Ghul

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

The 'other' comic company came up with a terrible list the other day, it was terrible LOL

So let's say DC do a top 10, who should be in it?

Karate Kid? Lady Shiva? Deathstroke? Batman....let's debate this for a bit before we come up with our official top 10 ;)

1.batman

2.batman

3. youre still reading?

4.batman

5.batmans balagna sandwhich

6.batman

7.batman

batman beat up the number eight

9.batman

10. bruce wayne

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

Perhaps we should send DC a signed letter asking for the official top ten list. I say this knowing I will be mocked for the comment, but I do truly mean it. It would be nice to have this dispute settled in some official fashion. And it would certainly help in battle threads.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps we should send DC a signed letter asking for the official top ten list. I say this knowing I will be mocked for the comment, but I do truly mean it. It would be nice to have this dispute settled in some official fashion. And it would certainly help in battle threads.

- You realize that said list would still be subjective right?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moon_bat_87 said:

- You realize that said list would still be subjective right?

Yes in a sense it would be but it would be DC's official ruling on the subject.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman One Million

2. Karate Kid

3. Lady Shiva

4. Richard Dragon

5. Cassandra Cain

6. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

7. Deathstroke

8. David Caine

9. Bronze Tiger

10. Wonder Woman

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Based off of PURE skill, in my opinion it's:

1) O-Sensei

2) Karate Kid

3) Bruce Wayne (morals off)

3) Richard Dragon (prime)

4) Constantine Drakon

5) Bronze Tiger

6) Cassandra Cain (with her ability)

7) Lady Shiva

8) Connor Hawke

9) David Cain (invented body reading)

10) Slade Wilson

Though 5-9 are interchangeable the most I believe, morals off, skill-wise they all could give each other hell. Every fighter has good days and bad days, skill and poise are neglected based on the meta, super and peak human standards. Utilizing their skill alone, morals off is the sole reason I have Bruce so high, morals on I'd put him at a tie with Shiva. He fought a furious Cassie to a standstill while he was trying to talk her down, he's defeated Dragon and Cain and had it not been for Slades ability and Bruce's morality he would have killed Slade (who's my favorite honestly). That's why I have him so high. But in character, holding back a bit, he drops a few spaces.

When was this?

Aside from a few sparring/training-sessions, they only fought (for real) in 2 ocasions.

Batgirl #50 - Tough Love

The scans are in order, from right to left:

They were both under the effects of the same drugg, IIRC, and it ended in stallemate, because Batman was mostly trying to evade her, and he was using Gear + Gadgets + Dirty Tactic's, to do so.

Batman: Gotham Knights #5 - Locked; Hide and Seek

The scans are in order, from right to left:

A very angry Batman was about to kill the The Key and was stopped by both Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley) and Cass, Batman quickly toke out Azrael, and then, he and Cass fought for a few panels, Cass out-fighted Batman, and Batman decided to flee.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sealife

1. Karate Kid

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Lady Shiva

4. Richard Dragon

5. Batman or Red Hood (new 52)

7. Bronze Tiger

8. Black Canary

9.Connor Hawke

10. David Cain

Comicpiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard Dragon is easily the best if you ask me.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Karate Kid

2. Richard Dragon

3. Lady Shiva

4. Bronze Tiger

5. Batman

6. Cassandra Cain

7. David Cain

8. Deathstroke

9. Black Canary

10. Connor Hawke

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some If these answers are reallllll dumb.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gracetrack

(Not including Batman One Million)

Factoring in everything from skill and experience, to smarts, knowledge, and physicals:

1. Karate Kid
    2. Batman
    3. Lady Shiva
    4. Sensei
    5. Richard Dragon

Based purely on technical skill:

1. Karate Kid
    2. Sensei
    3. Lady Shiva
    4. Batman
    5. Richard Dragon

The bottom half of either Top 10 (for me) is a crapshoot, but probably consists of:

• Cassandra Cain
    • Black Canary
    • Richard Grayson
    • Bronze Tiger
    • Connor Hawke

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By darktiger
    ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see it, or no one mention Archer Braun ?

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bruce

2. Wayne

3. Mr.Wayne

4. Batman

5. Matches Malone

6. Lefty

The rest is irrelevant.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Aahz

This guy only appeared in one storyline, and had some metanhuman power.

Court_Of_Owls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think any of these lists really matter i mean sure there all great but for instance 1 punch to batgirl(cassandra cain) from batman or 2 would probably knock her out if they were solid punches.

amathur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By amathur

1-Karate kid

2-Conner Hawke

3-Batman

4-Cassandra Cain

5-Dick Grayson

6-Lady Shiva

7-Bruce Wayne

8-Dick Grayson

9-Conner Hawke

10-Tim Drake

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karate Kid

Sensei

Batman

Lady Shiva

Richard Dragon

Bronze Tiger

Nightwing

Bane

Connor Hawke

Tim Drake

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
    @arkhamwrath said:

This guy only appeared in one storyline, and had some metanhuman power.

He was a mind-reader that even beat Lady Shiva because he always knew what she would do in antecipation, Huntress beat him by clearing her mind.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@court_of_owls said:

i dont think any of these lists really matter i mean sure there all great but for instance 1 punch to batgirl(cassandra cain) from batman or 2 would probably knock her out if they were solid punches.

Nope, not even close.

Cass has tanked Batman's punches with no problem before, while allowing him to hit her and asking him for more, Batman himself even got a bit scared/surprised:

No Caption Provided

It's also important to mention that Cass wasn't trying to figh back there, and also she can read Body-Language fluently to the point of pre-cognition, in a real fight with both at their peak's, Bruce would have to struggle very hard to even land one single hit on her, let alone K.O her.

aaronop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman 1000000

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Karate Kid

2. Cassandra Cain

3. Lady Shiva

4. Richard Dragon

5. Batman

7. Bronze Tiger

8. Black Canary

9.Connor Hawke

10. David Cain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.