Featured Artist Show-Off !!!!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 EGoD  Moderator

Ever dream of being a featured artist? To have your work shown off on the front page of the site? Now is your chance!!! @owie has been working hard on the front page of Comic Vine and would like to show-off some of the artists on the site. This is your chance to show your full potential and true talent.

Let's not show the best work you've done, but the best work you CAN do by creating a special feature art piece to be displayed on the FRONT PAGE! The number of featured artists and their piece will be determined by the number that are entered into the contest, so all you out there that are entering the ongoing show-off or just lurking around thinking about it, now is your chance to really dig deep and Show-Off! your true talent and the creativity the members at this site have to offer.

I'll make the deadline May 31 since we do have the ongoing contest and to give everyone a chance to brush off their tools and wake up their muse.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 owie  Moderator

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my entry. Great idea! I call this one SvH (for Superman vs Hulk) .

No Caption Provided

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hopefully that's not a typo and the deadline is indeed May 31st

'Cuz that will give me plenty of time to get out of my funk and take my time and work on this Queen

going for the Alex Ross Spider man piece, black background with a spotlight shining on Jessica, should be fun to work on!

No Caption Provided

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EGoD  Moderator

@mrfuzzynutz: No typo! thought it would be best to give everyone lots of time to work on their best submission.

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jatinder

Is the hand quicker than the eye? My own version of Loki, the question I ask myself is in a certain version of Loki, he is shown as clean shaven, how does he manage to get the shave, so my version has a beard. , the obvious trickster is he joker. The Trickster of the desert is the Coyote, do I risk adding more colour or leave it as an Albino? Death is the greatest trickster, it doesn't matter how much you prepare and expect death, when it comes it still hits you. You may ask why a pink background? Just wanted something of a contrast, I had a bit of Pink ink lying around and I loved the use of Pink on the Jim Starlin cover of DC Comics Presents 29. Enjoy.

No Caption Provided

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Comicvine have a mascot?

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EGoD  Moderator
No Caption Provided

@magistros: This used to be the "mascot" I guess, I don't think they use her anymore.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod said:
No Caption Provided

@magistros: This used to be the "mascot" I guess, I don't think they use her anymore.

Thanks! I guess it wouldn't hurt to draw a variant of this. (Or should we save that idea for the next show-off challenge?)

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@magistros: I remember way back in the original contests that I had done a contest where people were to create a villain for her, but I don't think she was ever the subject of a contest, it is hard to remember with so many old contests out there.

You are welcome to draw whatever you wish for this contest, it is meant to show case our artists best talents and how skilled they are.

She could be a good contest subject too, since I don't think they use her anymore as a mascot.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Aaaand Done!

I gave it all I had on this one, CV mean a lot to me as this was were I practiced and practiced and improved my skills over the years. I tipped out for a few years but my first image on CV dates back to 2011! I'm talking G-man and baby days haha!

So to be selected to be a Featured Artist would mean a lot to me, as a representation of how far I have developed as an artist

From me to you Comicvine, Jessica Drew, Spider Woman, by Mrfuzzynutz, as always...ENJOY!

No Caption Provided
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EGoD  Moderator

Just a reminder to everyone that you have until Wednesday May 31 for your entries!

Avatar image for paurobertson100
Paurobertson100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Avatar image for paurobertson100
Paurobertson100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

BoraHcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

insta, artstation : borahcn

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borahcn: Oh Heck yeah! This is intense, Love it!

BoraHcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoraHcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers