Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeltaSquad

Welcome To Delta Squad

Fear Of Death Follows From The Fear of Life
Fear Of Death Follows From The Fear of Life

There are numerous subjects of overall irelevant ability in comparison to the grandiose talents of your poster child metahumans. For every hero who can lift a world, is a dozen who can only lift a car. For every man who can snipe from five miles out, is hundreds who can still shoot pretty accurately. For every psychotic superhuman ex girlfriend who terrorizes the streets, there is another lesser known because someone in tights didn't punch them. We here are the collective of those lesser names who are far more numerous. We travel in a small team, so know should you find us even if the entire squad dies. More can be bought.

Gathered from all walks of life from backgrounds of every kind comes a pack of mercenaries. These guns for hire travel in groups of no more then six. Because of this the exact number of members is unknown made more dificult as backgrounds not only are various but the hacker in charge goes out of their way to remove history from documented records. Typically however the team is made up of convicts and soldiers of fortune however.

This is due to the fact that Delta Squad has no primary objective. Call them to perform a job and they will and that is it. Global domination is not an interest, but aiding such attempt has a price tag. Simply put any action has a price tag depending on who is called in for the job. Because anything goes not everyone will hire them or join, but doing so is promissed to be worth it. Wealth, publicity, pardon from the confines of ones sell few demands of a squad member will be denied. This reward though comes with the understanding from the squad that this will likely be the last team they are on.

No Caption Provided

At times a single operative might be sent in to perform a job. They make more money on these as the price is just divided between operative and the corporation. Of course it has the higher risk of death. Often though jobs are done almost for that very reason. Haunted by the past, maybe craving the thrill what could be more exhilerating then an attempt at being a one man or woman killing machine?

No Caption Provided

More often however the squad format will be used. Capitalizing on numbers, training and the unlikely methods deployed by a ragtag faction to obtain an objective. With each opperative acepting it may be their final moments they fight harder and more cooperative even some of the finest forces. Usually a full squad benefits as well from an unconventional diverse arsenal as everyone in these kind of units tends to want to stand out.

Current Base of Operations

No Caption Provided

Located in Bludhaven near the edge of Avalon hill is an illustrious estate overlooking the bay the Argos Estate is known more for parties hanging out and gaming events to the general public. However unknown to most the inhabitants who have a room there tend to be the squad. Seeking to benefit from luxury and escapism from the bleak contrast of their occupational choice. Below the often loud music playing party going main floors, off limits typically to anyone outside of the squad is a basement floor. Here one can find a firing range layers of concrete in the back are coated in scars from the various weapons one might put to use. There is also a training room with weights and a sparring mat but otherwise rather generic at this time. Lastly is a lab and armory, while guns are easy to come by the room is mostly there for working on the countless obscure weapons that come from a questionable band of characters. Admittedly it is not the most advanced of places in the world. Aren wanted to hack into Avalon and try and steal the ingenuity there, but that seemed suicidal and she'd rather her team do that.

Security

Hacking into the place would be a difficult task as Aren is usually home or has a means of connecting to the mainframe. And while she's no technomancer her unique abilities has allowed her to find the smallest exploits often in attempts. In addition cameras flank every aspect of the house besides bedrooms. The entire house is wired with a series of scanners detecting sound heart beats thermal energy and so on. So that hopefully anything out of the ordinary can be detected and responded to. And just like the sensors there is a vast overlapping field of automated turrets. These guns fire thin Evolium rounds do to their nature these bullets fire at just under 600 rounds per minute. While it wont necessarily stop every attacker it should be enough noise to wake up whoever is home to take up arms. Predominantly though it's defense comes from the ongoing parties and extravegence placing civilians as cover should anyone head there way.

Current Roster

No Caption Provided

Leader: Arenaceus not likely to go into the opperations themselves Aren is a hacker of high performance using an ability to identify the weak points in things to direct an assorted cast of questionable individuals to her new investment. She has founded a team of people who consider the award worth the risk. She isn't particularly secretive the current base is her home. However through her computer skills she's been at least able to get her project off the ground.

No Caption Provided

The Girl: an alias given to the "girl of the team" or at least one of them. Currently the position is held by Linda Faust a german born orphan who upon adoption grew up in a home of ex soldiers. Hotheaded and temperamental the leader doesnt expect her to last long. Experience though and an ability to generate high amount's of kinetic energy from her fists however make her useful enough.

(Member 2) Spectral...Loading background

(Member 3)Pun King....Loading background

(Member 4)Rile....Loading background

(Member 5)....Loading

(Member 6) Available

Rest In Peace

Here is will previous members and their final moment will be linked. As of right now there are no casualties, we will fix this.

Rules

1. This is going to be limited to no more then six people so as to maintain the idea of a squad

2. All those involved should be willing to and are even encouraged to make expendable characters. Explore looks, ideas, concepts and so on at ones leisure. If you need help geting a pm for a new account theres always ThrowAwayEmail.com (thank Surkit for that find)

3. Please keep characters to a concept respecting level. Characters should be at a risk in any mission and be apart of a potential squad as such they shouldnt be to much of a powerhouse.

4. This team can be hired by basically anyone for almost any kind of operation

5. The location is open but please be respectful be you employing or attacking or whatever. We don't want to ignore advances, but we also dont want the concept wiped out necessarily either.

6. I hate doing locations so any ideas or input to make this better is welcome both ooc or ic, but please again keep it to a minimal. I don't like the impenetrable fortress ideas

For more information or if you have questions comment below or pm @arenaceus_

Renn_Kelen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Renn_Kelen

Cool!

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spectral__

Spectral exits the kitchen with a mug that had N1 Killer printed on it and takes a seat on a near by chair while flipping open a gun magazine about shotguns.

Pun_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pun_King

Adding this alt to the team (Surkit)

No Caption Provided

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renn_kelen: I hate making locations but I'm pretty hyped for a Suicide Squad kind of team

The_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pun_king: that is a glorious name!

@spectral__:

No Caption Provided

She'd been doing far more partying and drugs to pay much mind to her so called squad mates. Truth be told Linda thought Aren was an idiot and her team was idiots and all of them would be dead but her and the boss by first mission. And that was only cause she was confident that the hacker wouldn't get her hands dirty. However her mercenary family had always talked about the importance of team work, they were all dead now so they could be wrong, but she figured maybe trying was worth it. So after taking a selfie near the edgelord the girl took a seat beside the guy. Thankful that the loud music was near by that she could drone out the conversation if needed. "So wan't to place bets on who dies first. Ten percent off first mission pay check it's Pun King. Thats like a C class villain name asking to die."

Dryad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dryad

I'm interested if the team needs a nature type character.

When does the IC start? It might make a difference, lol.

Proxy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dryad: its already started, we got one spot open so first come first serve. Your more then welcome if ya want, just again keep in mind its a Suicide Squad idea so the character should be able to die(or at least take enough damage to have to resurrect later or whatever) I don't want to be like everyones got to be expendable. But do want to stay true to the theme

Dryad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dryad

@proxy_:

My regen's pretty crazy, so if I have to take a seemingly fatal hit or barrage, worst case scenario I go comatose or spawn from a airborne seed somewhere else. Where is the rp?

Let me read over it to make sure my character fits in and stuff.

But otherwise, I'm game, just give me a link.

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dryad: right now we've just the team thread here to interact and such. I'll probably try and get a post up soon somewhere however to look to interact or start a fight with someone

Arenaceus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dryad has taken the last spot, unless something changes.

<.< I'm to lazy to switch to go to computer switch to Delta and edit at the moment

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spectral__

@the_girl said:

@pun_king: that is a glorious name!

@spectral__:

No Caption Provided

She'd been doing far more partying and drugs to pay much mind to her so called squad mates. Truth be told Linda thought Aren was an idiot and her team was idiots and all of them would be dead but her and the boss by first mission. And that was only cause she was confident that the hacker wouldn't get her hands dirty. However her mercenary family had always talked about the importance of team work, they were all dead now so they could be wrong, but she figured maybe trying was worth it. So after taking a selfie near the edgelord the girl took a seat beside the guy. Thankful that the loud music was near by that she could drone out the conversation if needed. "So wan't to place bets on who dies first. Ten percent off first mission pay check it's Pun King. Thats like a C class villain name asking to die."

Spectral grumbled incoherent words in a low tone before sipping some black liquid out of the mug through a slit in his mask, after he finished slurping he replied back to his youthful companion "Have you ever heard the phrase, don't judge a book by its cover?" after giving a rhetorical pause he continued "for all we know this guy can make gundams out of junk with miniguns for arms"

Spectral shrugged "but I'm not much of a gambler but I'll bet on who won't die if you're up for it"

The_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectral__:

"I have heard this phrase in fact. But you can judge a bit by the cover. I know a book with a dragon or demon on the cover, is probably going to have those things. Im into those so I know it's got a better chance of being a book for me, then say one with a generic blond kissing a muscly dude on the cover." The partying devil remarked with her counter. "That kind of bet is dumb. Besides look at your grim reaper looking ass, bet your a zombie or something so a safe bet would be you."

Hunter_Reed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to get to dyin
Time to get to dyin

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

best of luck with this team!

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_girl said:

@spectral__:

"I have heard this phrase in fact. But you can judge a bit by the cover. I know a book with a dragon or demon on the cover, is probably going to have those things. Im into those so I know it's got a better chance of being a book for me, then say one with a generic blond kissing a muscly dude on the cover." The partying devil remarked with her counter. "That kind of bet is dumb. Besides look at your grim reaper looking ass, bet your a zombie or something so a safe bet would be you."

Spectral let out an annoyed groan before replying back "Well now you know why betting is dumb kiddo, all of us are enhanced in one way or form. Sure maybe I am-" Spectral stopped as a timer in the kitchen went off and he raised his index finger "hold that thought" he left to the kitchen and returned a minute later with a tray of chocolate chip cookies that he had baking in the oven a few hours "Unkillable or not but you won't know till you see it happen" Spectral said as he sat down and gestured the tray to the girl "cookie?"

The_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obligatory reminder we can also do stuff or be stopped by people here

@spectral__:

"No betting is what makes this fun" the devilish mercenary countered. "Personally I even find it encouraging. If people are betting that I get my brains blown apart, that's incentive to live. But maybe I'm just spiteful" she continued with a shrug. Her hand was quick to grab a cookie and plant it in her mouth while still hot, taking a moment to devour it before she rambled on. "So why the secrecy. Are you embarrassed. Is the edge lord look to hide the fact that you actually do something less quote unquote cool. Like vomit laser rainbow beams?" The girl doing what she could to get on his nerves and just spill some information.

Spectral__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_girl: Spectral's masked face stared at the girl for a few moments of silence before replying back "I know what you're trying to do little girl, you don't have to antagonize me for information" Spectral set the tray down on a table and leaned into his chair as he pulled the mug to his masks slit "My face and body are horribly mutilated, most people vomit uncontrollably or get mentally f****ed when they see my face. Hell I don't even like seeing it"

After slurping some caffeine for a few moments he continued speaking "My turn, what's up with the dystopian punk style look?"

Dryad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_girl: @spectral__:

A tall green figure crept out from hallways leading to secrets deeper within the base. As it entered the room, it recognized a few faces with which it had recently grown familiar after arriving on Earth. At the moment, the creature considered these few it's friends, allies. They were the few that greeted the dryad when it first arrived on this world, and they were the ones who had taken it upon themselves to teach her of this foreign world. At the moment, she had complete loyalty to them. Mother had no true voice, and so she would communicate with them using her telepathic abilities.

"It matters not how one appears, but how one performs. If the decrepit one is a capable survivor and warrior, then he has more than earned the right to wear whatever he desires. Is this not so?" Mother asked, barging into the conversation uninvited.

The_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gona have to update the OP soon

Linda Faust, Deceased Mission 2
Linda Faust, Deceased Mission 2

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By lowlaville

@deltasquad: Sign up Flame Wheel to the squad. I think- there is enough history now for it to be work-able.