Which is Better: Watchmen (Comics 1986) or Vagabond (Manga)?

Mann1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Categories

Protagonist

Deuteragonist

Side Characters

Antagonist

Female Cast

Plot/Story

Art Style

Better Written

Depth

Iconic Moments

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was writing my dissertation for the past 30 minutes and my phone refreshed 💀

Imma just speed through. I’m not finished Vagabond im up to Musashi vs Baiken.

Protagonist - Musashi.

Manhattan is unrelatable for good reason Watxhmen focus’s on the story.

Deuteragonist - Ozymandias

Were I’m at Kojiro is cowardly, all fake it till you make it, not nearly the man Musashi is. Ozy is remarkable to say the least.

Side character - Watxhmen

Rorsarch alone carries this musashi more or less kills side characters they are all forgettable or unimpressive.

Antagonist - Ozymandias

Ozy is the antagonist and deuteragonist unless I’m tripping the movie makes it hard to discern as he shares the same goal as the Watxhmen and Manhattan just went about it different his morals are different but Manhattan agreed with him in the end. Vagabond doesn’t really have an antagonist unless we going with Kojiro who isn’t that impressive currently.

Plot - Can‘t say. Vagabond slightly perhaps it’s iffy. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Watchmen address morals. Vagabond explores the human experience and self-growth. Both are exceptional at what they do and how the plot portrays both it’s hard to say.

Art - Vagabond it’s not close either.

Better written - Can‘t say again

Depth - Vagabond.

It goes really into detail about explaining concepts regarding musashi growth. As seen with his talk with the invincible. I don’t think Watchmen does dives into concepts rather it’s very logical and has no need for such depth the plot answers a question of do the ends justify the means. While Vagabond tackles growing as a human showing everything from Musashi running away when fighting some spear user, to his rashness, to recognising the cut in flower is different to a regular cut its all to detailed.

Iconic moments - idk

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Vagabond.