Raven can reach her "Unkindness" state anytime she wants by absorbing other entities.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheDevil98

So in Dark Crisis: Deadly Green #1. It is pretty much confirmed that Raven, if she REALLY wants to, can unleash her "Unkindness" self anytime she wants. That it is really a part of her and the "Darkness" within her.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This in turn will lead to her easily absorbing other entities and powers to again reach the level which she was in DC:Future State where she was LITERALLY ABSORBING UNIVERSES, TIMELINES, REALITIES and pretty much DEVOURED ALL OF EXISTENCE as confirmed in Future State: Shazam:

No Caption Provided

She even destroyed Realms that ARE FAR BEYOND AND GREATER THAN THE DC MULTIVERSE like Speed Force Wall, New Genesis, Skyland, etc:

No Caption Provided

And yes, she can again reach this state anytime she wants by unleashing the Unkindness within her( as has been shown above in Dark Crisis: Deadly Green #1)and start absorbing anything and anyone . This has been confirmed by the editor of DC:Future State as well as the creator of the Unkindness:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thedevil98: Interesting.

So she can unleash the Unkindness whenever she wants, but the level of power that she has in that form is dependent on what she absorbs and how much she absorbs? But she would automatically start absorbing everything/everyone unless she can control it?

And the Unkindness we saw in Future State was probably her peak, no?

I find Raven so fascinating but I don't really keep up with her currently.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@thedevil98: Interesting.

So she can unleash the Unkindness whenever she wants, but the level of power that she has in that form is dependent on what she absorbs and how much she absorbs? But she would automatically start absorbing everything/everyone unless she can control it?

And the Unkindness we saw in Future State was probably her peak, no?

Yep, pretty much. And so far there has been no limit to how much power the Unkindness can devour.

I find Raven so fascinating but I don't really keep up with her currently.

Yeah, she really is fascinating. Throughout her whole career Raven herself was the only thing stopping her from destroying everything. It was never daddy Trigon's power. It was her own. And Unkindness is simply a retcon of her red demonic state.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty neat

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedevil98: Oh so they officially retconned it to being the Unkindness she was holding back and not Trigon?

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatsonmelo

Cool, but hardly helpful in a random encounter/neutral setting where Raven can't just munch on nearby amp sources.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So amped raven and not usable for base Raven . Blah

torn_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never forget that Death Battle put her up against Twilight Sparkle.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@thedevil98: Oh so they officially retconned it to being the Unkindness she was holding back and not Trigon?

Yeah pretty much.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, but hardly helpful in a random encounter/neutral setting where Raven can't just munch on nearby amp sources.

I'm sorry but what are these old comic scans supposed to prove here? None of this is current Infinite Frontier Raven, and she never had the Unkindness in any of these. If her current version is used in a random encounter and it's morals off/bloodlusted, then she can very well unleash the Unkindness and gobble up her opponents themselves instead of looking for other sources.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So amped raven and not usable for base Raven . Blah

Usable for base Raven if it's stipulated to be a morals off/bloodlusted match.

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsonmelo said:

I'm sorry but what are these old comic scans supposed to prove here? None of this is current Infinite Frontier Raven, and she never had the Unkindness in any of these. If her current version is used in a random encounter and it's morals off/bloodlusted, then she can very well unleash the Unkindness and gobble up her opponents themselves instead of looking for other sources.

Raven's base is no different than it ever was and in the time she needs to activate this external amp she can be one-shotted.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedevil98 said:
@hatsonmelo said:

Raven's base is no different than it ever was and in the time she needs to activate this external amp she can be one-shotted.

What's the point of any of this?

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@hatsonmelo said:
@thedevil98 said:
@hatsonmelo said:

What's the point of any of this?

Exactly.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedevil98: Interesting. Did it specify how much she needs to absorb to reach that state?

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

@thedevil98: Interesting. Did it specify how much she needs to absorb to reach that state?

Well in Future State, she absorbed the conceptual beings: The Horsemen of Apocalypse and the Wizard Shazams powers to reach that level.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedevil98: I know I've made it clear on every platform, but these mfs don't wanna listen. Those scans that's me lol the user unkindness. I told everyone everywhere but they said I was lying

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The unkindness is Raven .Raven’s soul-self IS the EVIL PART OF HER. It has always been. The unkindness is the soul self and it looks to snuff the humanity out if her all the time . Trigon placed his essence in that soul self , and with it he claimed long ago he would be infinite with it . Trigon has the ability to consume since the 80s and is the collective evil throughout the multiverse .

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedevil98: interesting but it did take her centuries to do that right? Raven is basically Diana's opposite, in a future state story Diana restarted all of creation and was above the anti-life.

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@thedevil98: interesting but it did take her centuries to do that right? Raven is basically Diana's opposite, in a future state story Diana restarted all of creation and was above the anti-life.

True, but that doesn't change the fact that there's literally no limit to what she can absorb. Even if it took centuries, no one was able to stop her. Not the conceptual beings in the Four Horsemen nor Multiversal deities like the Quintessence, nobody.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

True, but that doesn't change the fact that there's literally no limit to what she can absorb. Even if it took centuries, no one was able to stop her. Not the conceptual beings in the Four Horsemen nor Multiversal deities like the Quintessence, nobody.

Did I say that they could stop her? I was only trying to clarify that fact not downgrade the feat, I don't consider her as one of the stop 5 most powerful entities in DC but I didn't say that she was stoppable in that story.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheVoidofDeath

@mage101: Basically they never saw her coming .

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand, the Unkindness Raven is an example of what her peak power and abilities can do. Meaning she can consume (sometimes just absorb and use) various other characters, powers, abilities, and she can do that eventually at a scale that comprise the entire DC multiverse or omniverse, including realms outside time, or higher realms usually reserved to higher entities like Heaven, hell, new gods realms, speed force and so on, basically anything that exist in DC, anywhere, whatever dimension or sphere of existence. As such she very visibly and obviously surpass anything that some as Dr Manhattan or Perpetua or Barbatos or Anti-Monitor ever did, even combined. If Trigon can be (and was in a story line) considered an avatar of the great darkness, Raven as she was called the daughter of darkness was surely accomplished its intention to consume everything

She have that inner ability and power level within herself, but her good side constantly block that unleash of full potential due to its evil or dark implications. However even "good Raven" can tap into that power level, just keeping it under control and using it for good intended purposes. The problem arise when Raven lose her morals or let her dark side take charge and use those power levels indiscriminately or for evil purposes.