Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 15

Edited By AirDave
No Caption Provided

So, I did a thing.

It started as an idea in the summer of 1980. I think the one thing we all have in common, is that we want to fit in. We want to be accepted. I was a shy kid. I didn't make many friends in school. Circumstance threw me together with a couple of guys, Steve and Derrick. While they accepted me for my shy, awkwardness; they tended to be the "iron sharpening iron" type. They dragged me, kicking and screaming, out of my shell.

Blame them.

See Evil, Hear Evil, Speak Evil
See Evil, Hear Evil, Speak Evil

We were kinda like The Monkees, Steve played sax ("No sax before a fight!" ~ Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Drebbin), keyboards and bass; Derrick played guitar; and I managed to thump at least three or four chords of rhythm. We managed to come across a drummer that didn't spontaneously combust (there's your Spinal Tap reference) - Vic - and we were a "band".

But first...

In June of 1980, I imagined the three of us as adventurers - kind of like Encyclopedia Brown. I'd never read much of The Hardy Boys or The Three Detectives. I did read a LOT of comics. I guess we could have been Robin, Aqualad and Kid Flash.

No Caption Provided

Anyway, I've written a Young Adult Mystery "Novel".

Right now, the cover is in production. I'm kind of envisioning something like All-Star Squadron 1. The three of us looking over the "clues" from each of the seven chapters of the book. I'm not sure what might be left after the cover is done... but it just might be ready to release in Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Stay tuned for release date details.

I'm nervous, because I've been kicking this around in one form or another since the summer of 1980 - that's a long (looooooooong) time.

I'm bracing myself that it could suck.

However, I've finally stopped procrastinating, and finally have accomplished this... thing.

To quote Bill Murray, "So, I go that goin' for me."

If I'm allowed "delusions of grandeur", as Han Solo would say, I'd love to see my YA "novel" adapted as a comic book...

Keep your fingers crossed and your rabbit's foot handy...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Sounds cool. What's it called?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers