Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Andromeda1001

Valtorr - King of Darkness:

No Caption Provided

BACKSTORY:

Valtorr was a demon lord, and the ruler of his dimension, the Veils of Valtorr, a gloomy place of vapor and decay set within the Archipelago of Anguish and Redemption (or "Splinter Realms").

The High Seers of Nox (themselves part of the Lords of the Splinter Realms), are his vassals from their pocket dimension, and gaze into Valtorr's noxious vapors to see possible future

POWER:

• 1,2,3 ) He's powerful enough to wipe out all non-magic users from the Earth and has been called one of the most dangerous beings in existence. Voltorr was also said to be an evil with terrifying powers never seen/faced before on Earth(Midnight Suns#1, Marvel.Com):
  • 1,2 ) The summary in the first issue considers Valttor a threat to all life on Earth, and Marvel.com calls him a threat powerful enough to eclipse the entire universe(Midnight Suns#1, Marvel.Com):
  • 1,2, ) Killed all magical practitioners on Earth, said to be a threat to entire timelines, and confirmed that his power can wipe out all non-magicians on Earth as well

(Midnight Suns#4, Marvel.Com):

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BigBaby

Great job Andi! I always like reading your RTs (stealing format sometimes too lmao). I remember researching/collecting all his feats for Agatha's scaling in the future, and got to say, was pretty impressed by him at that time too.

I think what makes this even better is that Agatha with just a portion of his power is clowning entire teams of superheroes, including Omega's/F4 characters, so we could easily scale him off that too. Just wish he appeared more.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Andromeda1001

@bigbaby: Thanks, friend!

Yea, while Valtorr only has a few appearances, his feats and statements are quite good.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Eh, I didn't get it.

What does that have to do with the thread?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, nice.

Idk why but I expected Valtorr to have way more showings than this, so it kind of sucks he got killed off before he saw some action. I feel like the effects the War of the Seven Spheres had on the multiverse would also scale and count as a shared feat for Valtorr.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

lol, nice.

Idk why but I expected Valtorr to have way more showings than this, so it kind of sucks he got killed off before he saw some action. I feel like the effects the War of the Seven Spheres had on the multiverse would also scale and count as a shared feat for Valtorr.

Thanks, lol.

Indeed, but aside from Cyttorak, Valtorr has the second place among the members of the Octessence regarding feats and statements. Ikonn and Watoomb come next. Still, at least they're not like Krakkan, who has been stunned by a mystical shotgun from Elsa Bloodstone.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WastelandMan
@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman said:

Thanks, lol.

Indeed, but aside from Cyttorak, Valtorr has the second place among the members of the Octessence regarding feats and statements. Ikonn and Watoomb come next. Still, at least they're not like Krakkan, who has been stunned by a mystical shotgun from Elsa Bloodstone.

Shouldn't Watoomb technically have more impressive feats if we scale off artifacts and spells? I wanted to cover Watoomb's artifacts and spells at some point. Speaking of which, maybe it'd be worth it if I made a RT for Valtorr's spells too, like the Vapors of Valtorr, to make a good complimentary RT to this one and help gauge his overall power.

I didn't know about that instance with Elsa tho, holy shit is that lame. I feel like that's probably bad writing as I don't think any Octessence are intended to be that weak given their status.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman said:

Shouldn't Watoomb technically have more impressive feats if we scale off artifacts and spells? I wanted to cover Watoomb's artifacts and spells at some point. Speaking of which, maybe it'd be worth it if I made a RT for Valtorr's spells too, like the Vapors of Valtorr, to make a good complimentary RT to this one and help gauge his overall power.

I didn't know about that instance with Elsa tho, holy shit is that lame. I feel like that's probably bad writing as I don't think any Octessence are intended to be that weak given their status.

I was talking about quantity, actually. If we go by impressiveness, I think Watoomb would be even in the first place. The power of his wands, for example, are tremendous. It'd be nice to have a thread covering Watoomb's spells and artifacts, yea.

It was during Death of Doctor Strange: Bloodstone#1:

No Caption Provided

Needless to say, I think the writing in that comic sort of sucked.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

I was talking about quantity, actually. If we go by impressiveness, I think Watoomb would be even in the first place. The power of his wands, for example, are tremendous. It'd be nice to have a thread covering Watoomb's spells and artifacts, yea.

That makes sense then. I've been "working" on the Watoomb ones for ages now but just keep putting it off endlessly. It's pretty close to finished tho, and I'll be sure to tag you when it's complete too.

It was during Death of Doctor Strange: Bloodstone#1:

No Caption Provided

Needless to say, I think the writing in that comic sort of sucked.

That actually looks worse than I pictured. I would hope there's context like he's weakened or maybe Elsa's shotgun is just that good or something, lol.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: That makes sense then. I've been "working" on the Watoomb ones for ages now but just keep putting it off endlessly. It's pretty close to finished tho, and I'll be sure to tag you when it's complete too.

Nice! I'd like that, thanks.

That actually looks worse than I pictured. I would hope there's context like he's weakened or maybe Elsa's shotgun is just that good or something, lol.

It was written by Tini Howard, who's an X-Writer. As @bigbaby and I talked before, X-Writers almost always screw up when dealing with mystical characters.