Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- Forever Young

Richard Wilson and Gary Montow were both drug enforcement agents. They had captured several criminals who were paid to sell drugs off the streets. The drug was called Methuselah, which was created by a chemist years ago until he was sent to prison. It was said that the drug had numerous side effects, and have turned ordinary citizens of New York City into bloodthirsty creatures.

At first, Richie couldn't believe it. He heard stories of vampire folklore back in his history class, but nothing like this. For Gary, he thought the news was just a load of crap. He may have come from a religious family and all. But it didn't mean that he believed in vampires.

Richie smoked his cigarette, while waiting for a drug heist. These people just wouldn't quit. He kept dragging until Gary came off the phone and said, "Yo Richie. The boss said we have to back out."

"What?!" Richie almost coughed to the point that he wanted to quit. It had been two years now that he kept smoking, and that his doctor had warned him the lung disease would be fatal to him. Richie looked at his partner angrily. "Why?"

Gary sighed. "You know the guy who used to be a one-time mayor back in '77? Yeah... It's him."

Richie threw off the cigarette, and got out of the car. He knew that the chemist known as Dr. Kevin Knox had created the drug in the 1970s. But the year was now 2000. People were dying to take the drug for themselves. He thought, Some people weren't made to live forever. The only reason why he thought of that was because there were certain people like celebrities and whatnot, who also wanted to take the drug themselves. But it became illegal once the side-effects had started. And that was why Dr. Knox was imprisoned.

Gary looked at him. "Where the hell you're going?" Richie didn't reply back. He just went down the road, expecting more trouble. For an agent like him, he sure knew how to disobey orders.

Gary said, "Damn it!" He held his partner back. Richie tried to pull himself free, but Gary was too strong for him. "Let me go!"

"No, man! You don't wanna do this. Trust me. The boss said to back out. Understand?" Richie sighed and stopped struggling. He looked at his partner. "Okay. Fine! Now what?"

"We just wait."

"Are you kidding me? You said that he used to be a mayor. And now he's a darn criminal. We just can't allow him to be free."

"I know, okay? We need to make sure that this drug doesn't turn a good, ordinary citizen into a bloodthirsty criminal. That's why the boss wants to make sure..."

"For Christ's sake, Gary. He killed a lot of people."

"That's what the sources say. Yeah... I'm not sure if I could believe that. However, I did ask his family some questions."

"Did they say why he took the drug?" Gary looked at the old warehouse, and thought for a while. Then he said, "Yeah... He had lung cancer."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at his apartment, Richie just talked with his wife on the phone. She was awfully worried that he was dying of lung cancer. It was ironic to find out that a former mayor also had the same problem. But when he took the drug, he was completely cured. That drug could do wonderful things, Richie thought. But it came with a cost.

"$h!t!" Richie said it out loud. He had been living in New York City throughout his life. His wife was filing for divorce, but she figured that things could work out, if only Richie could come back home and change things around, including his attitude. He even had children to think about. He stared at the mirror. You're dying, Richie. What are you gonna do now?

A phone rang throughout his room. Richie came back to his senses, and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey Richie..." His boss named Terry Williams, called on the line. "I heard that you were about to stake out the goons by yourself. No pun intended."

"I'm sorry, boss. But he's a criminal and you know it."

"Yeah... We know it alright. But I just got a call from his lawyer. You know what he said?"

"What?" There was a moment of silence. Then Terry replied, "His lawyer said that he took the drug, not knowing that he could become a vampire. And that's why we don't get to see him on daylight. I've heard the sun burns their skin. Yikes... I know, right? Unbelievable if you ask me."

"Yeah, true."

"Listen, Richie. Do me a favor. Just let this one off, and stay with your family for a while. I'll be in touch."

"But..."

"No buts. Just do what I say. It's for your own good and... your health." The call ended. Richie looked back at the mirror and sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary Montow came to church after a very long time. He never thought to this day that he could still see his father, preaching to the crowds of sinners. But Gary had learned valuable lessons in life, not to toy around with certain things in this world of pleasures. He used to be that sort of guy back in high school, drinking all the way in, and having sex. But now, Gary have changed this much, since he had joined the police force. Then he got transferred to the DEA.

When the service was over, Father Montow saw his son and smiled. "Hello, my son. How are you?"

"I'm fine, Dad. You still look great."

"I wish you could come here more often. But I can understand you're busy."

"Yeah..." Gary looked around the place. "This place hasn't changed much since I left."

"Well... There are a few minor things that have changed. I had someone who came here..." He stopped.

"What is it, Dad?" Gary looked at him worriedly.

"It's nothing. That's all."

"Dad... I can tell you're hiding something from me. Remember, I used to hide things from you?"

Father Montow laughed. "Oh yes, I do remember. You have been a very bad boy at that time. Eventually, I prayed for you to change yourself. But you came back to your senses. It takes time, I know. Your mother would have been proud of you."

"I'm sure she will. Now... What's the matter?"

Father Montow sighed. "It's about a guy who had gotten some kind of disease. I'm not sure what. He came here, looking for help. I figured it had something to do with that drug. So..."

"So?"

"I told him he should seek help elsewhere. But his voice... it sounded strange. I don't remember if he used to be a regular here. But nowadays an old man like me, can't seem to remember."

"You should retire, Dad. I can tell you've done enough."

"Well... This church is too important to me. So... I always liked to do something for God. Retirement means nothing." This time, Gary laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richie came back to L.A. to reunite with his family. Thinking about what his boss had said to him, he might want to quit the force, and become a regular cop. But the disease...

It eats you away, Richie. You should listen to your doctor. That's what his wife used to say before he moved into New York for undercover assignments. The deal was that the drug was still being used by local street gangs, ever since the 1970s. Even celebrities who tried to pay the dealer when he and Gary managed to stop them. And guess what? His favorite singer had been caught.

Richie thought, Jesus Christ! Someday, I might also... He stopped thinking about it, because he knew it wouldn't do any good. Time was running out. He had to stop smoking for a while. But the disease...

Someone called him, and interrupted his thoughts. Richie picked it up. "Yeah?"

"Hey man!" Gary said. "How you're doing?"

"Doing fine. I'm on my way home."

"I see. Well, I'm just checking to see you're doing okay."

"Did the boss talked to you about it?"

"Yeah..."

Richie sighed at the thought of it and said, "Okay. I'll talk to you later."

"Sure. Say hi to Ronnie for me."

Richie said, "Will do." He ended the call, and stopped driving at the Wilson Residence. He looked at it. Home, sweet home.

When he grabbed the bags, and walked towards the front entrance, he noticed the door was slightly opened. What the hell? He walked inside his house immediately, and then noticed the blood on the floor. No...

"Veronica! Jamie! Susan!" He called out their names. There was no reply. His heart was beating so fast as he searched for all the rooms, and then finally reached the kitchen. He gasped.

Oh God... He puked on the floor, and tried not to look at them. But he did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The police have arrived at the scene of the crime. They were disgusted to see the sight of it. But none of them would have ever been prepared for the worst. Terry also appeared after hearing the news. There were no words that came from his mouth.

Terry thought, Christ! He looked at Richie, and noticed the stared look on his face. Poor Richie.He had enough for one day. The boss came closer toward him. "Richie..."

But Richie haven't spoken a word, ever since he saw the death of his own family. He hoped he could change himself after coming home. But now... this.

"Richie..." Terry said slowly. "I'm truly sorry." And that was it. This time, Richie looked at him. Terry was taken aback by that look, and knew it was anger.

"Richie..." Terry said as the former DEA agent got up from the couch, and walked away from the house. It was all over for him. Now, he had to do the unthinkable. When he got out of the house, he coughed a bit, and noticed some blood on his hand.

$h!t! Richie knew that there wasn't much time. If he didn't stop the former mayor, all hope would be lost.

Terry kept calling him, but Richie didn't listen. He quickly got into his car, and left home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mayor burped as he drank the blood of his latest victim. His lawyer recently contacted him and said that everything will be fine. But the mayor had a hunch that the DEA wouldn't give up. Not even Richard Wilson.

That guy means trouble. Yes... I will have to finish him. He had several goons behind his back, who also took the drug. They slurped, and drank the blood too.

"Mm..." One goon said. "Tasty... Need more."

"That's enough," the mayor said. "We have made a darn mess here. Someone has to clean it up."

"Oh, no," the other goon said. "Not me. I've done it before. It's his turn." He pointed to a goon who wore a hoodie jacket all the time, despite the heat going on.

The mayor looked at the black goon angrily. "I didn't ask you. Did I?" He smiled. The black goon didn't say anything. He sighed and started cleaning...

An Asian goon said, "Boss... There's someone here to meet you."

"Who is it?"

"Don't know. He wouldn't tell."

"Hmm... Bring him here then." The Asian goon left for several minutes, and then came back. The guy also had a hoodie on.

"And what brings you here, my strange friend." The mayor smiled at him. The stranger looked up at him, and raised a gun. He fired.

The mayor screamed. He fell down as the other goons snarled in anger. The stranger revealed himself.

"It's you..." The mayor could still feel the pain, as he noticed the blood dripping from his own leg. It was a wooden bullet.

Richie fought the vampires with brutal strength. He even tore their arms and legs off. The mayor became shocked.

$h!t! He tried to get up, but the bullet wouldn't let him. He swore again and called for help. But there was none. He could hear their running footsteps. B@$t@rd$!

Richie looked back at him. "This is for my family." Then he shot the mayor's forehead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary couldn't believe his eyes. After hearing the news of Richie's family, he couldn't think for one second that Richie would do something like this. After all, the mayor had killed his family. For that reason, Richie had gone alone and killed him.

He sighed and opened the door of his car. "Richie!" He called out several times, and then his former partner have finally arrived.

"Hey Gary..."

"You've certainly created a big mess back there."

"I had to do it, Gary. I'm sorry. It was now or never."

"Damn it, man. You know the boss won't be happy about it."

"I know. But Gary..." He stopped and then looked around. "I see you have brought your friends."

"Yeah... When I saw what you did back there, I didn't think you would do it. Ain't that a surprise."

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I had lung cancer." He sighed. "You know what you have to do."

Gary looked away and said, "No... We're just gonna have to take you in."

"I see." Richie looked at the sky, and noticed the sun was rising. "In that case, I have to go. Sorry, Gary."

Gary called out to him in vain. But Richard Wilson was gone.

Next story- When the Night Comes.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited