Hell/Hades

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2 Zetsu-San  Online

Shouldn't Principalities be higher than conventional hell lords?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zetsu-san: Shouldn't Principalities be higher than conventional hell lords?

They should, but Marvel has been treating Lucifer/Marduk as above the conventional Hell-Lords lately. He was even called to be God's greatest warrior recently and to balance the cosmic order in Blade Vol.5#3:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'd say Lucifer this time despite his inconsistencies

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Marduk has more tangible showings but I’d still place Valtorr closer to someone like Dormammu, and if Marduk is being compared to Satannish who Dormammu eclipses in power, then I’d imagine Valtorr wins. Also, idk if there’s any feat from Marduk to suggest he’s a threat to many multiple timelines like Valtorr is.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Changed the location to Hell/Hades. Besides, I think Marduk/Lucifer was always above conventional Hell-Lords. He was portrayed as the strongest aspect of Satan and even seems to be the patron of the Grimorium Verum, which's a book as nearly as powerful as Chthon's own Darkhold(Hellstrom: Prince of Lies#3):

No Caption Provided

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BigBaby  Online

I would say Valtoor.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Well Marduk has more tangible showings but I’d still place Valtorr closer to someone like Dormammu, and if Marduk is being compared to Satannish who Dormammu eclipses in power, then I’d imagine Valtorr wins. Also, idk if there’s any feat from Marduk to suggest he’s a threat to many multiple timelines like Valtorr is.

Yea, but I think Marduk is usually portrayed as above the likes of Satannish, Mephisto, Thog and others. As I said to Zets, Marduk seemed to be the strongest aspect of Satan. In fact, Marvel itself is treating him as Satan, alongside TOBA.

Depending on the storyline, Marduk could even be around the same power as the Elder Gods as well.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001:

I see. But if he’s the strongest candidate Satan does that mean he scales beyond even someone like TOBA?

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBaby  Online

@andromeda1001:

I see. But if he’s the strongest candidate Satan does that mean he scales beyond even someone like TOBA?

That wouldn't make sense, though. His book isn't even as powerful as Chthon's, no?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: As the strongest aspect between the ordinary Hell-Lords like Mephisto or Satannish. Regarding TOBA, it's hard to say. Ewing seems to clearly want to portray TOBA as the closest being to the title and the opposite of TOAA, but like, other writers have explicitly portrayed Marduk/Lucifer as the ultimate embodiment of evil. One of the latest previews from BloodHunt calls him Satan again, for example.

The guidebook Marvel - Map by Map does rank TOBA's Below Place as the bottom of all hells, though:

No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

@wastelandman said:

@andromeda1001:

That wouldn't make sense, though. His book isn't even as powerful as Chthon's, no?

There's that as well, yea.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBaby  Online

@wastelandman: As the strongest aspect between the ordinary Hell-Lords like Mephisto or Satannish. Regarding TOBA, it's hard to say. Ewing seems to clearly want to portray TOBA as the closest being to the title and the opposite of TOAA, but like, other writers have explicitly portrayed Marduk/Lucifer as the ultimate embodiment of evil. One of the latest previews from BloodHunt calls him Satan again, for example.

The guidebook Marvel - Map by Map does rank TOBA's Below Place as the bottom of all hells, though:

No Caption Provided

Ewing actually confirmed on Twitter that TOBA is 2nd to TOAA when angry.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

Ewing actually confirmed on Twitter that TOBA is 2nd to TOAA when angry.

I believe I saw the tweet once, yea.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Seems like TOBA is meant to be stronger then.

Btw, you mentioned Marduk being comparable to an Elder God. Unless I’m mistaken, I recall All-Father Thor temporarily held his own and BFR’d Toranos who’s an elder god. Scarlet Witch is considered Immortal Thor’s equal yet she presumably died alongside every other mystic, some comparable to Wanda herself, so would you consider this evidence Valtorr scales above Marduk?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Seems like TOBA is meant to be stronger then.

Btw, you mentioned Marduk being comparable to an Elder God. Unless I’m mistaken, I recall All-Father Thor temporarily held his own and BFR’d Toranos who’s an elder god. Scarlet Witch is considered Immortal Thor’s equal yet she presumably died alongside every other mystic, some comparable to Wanda herself, so would you consider this evidence Valtorr scales above Marduk?

Yea.

Probably, yes. I'm trying to not argue too much in my own thread.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Also, Valtorr supposedly being weaker than Dormammu isn't a bad thing for him. Just like Ethan confirmed that Dormammu is more powerful than Valtorr, Duggan also sort of confirmed that Dormammu is stronger than Marduk/Lucifer:

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001:

That’s a very good point, and this is why it’s good to have these writer confirmations like this.

Also, that’s fair, I wouldn’t want to try to have you debate in your own thread. I just really wnated to hear your perspective with your knowledge on the subject.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

That’s a very good point, and this is why it’s good to have these writer confirmations like this.

Also, that’s fair, I wouldn’t want to try to have you debate in your own thread. I just really wnated to hear your perspective with your knowledge on the subject.

Yea, I agree.

It's okay, friend. No problem.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: @bigbaby: I was re-reading my guidebooks for my last debate, and was reminded of this interesting passage:

No Caption Provided

The Vishanti constantly battle against rivals with a similar mystic rank, which means beings around a similar level of power. And who has been shown to fight them in DSSS#49?

No Caption Provided

Valtorr himself! His power shouldn't be that much inferior to the Vishanti then.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBaby  Online
Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Yea, I was also re-reading some old comics and found that Ethan's statement about how Valtorr compares to Dormammu isn't a low-showing for the former. Apparently, Dormammu has also fought against the Trinity of Ashes and Slorioth off-panel in DSSS: Annual#4:

No Caption Provided

Both beings are around Vishanti's level, as well.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBaby  Online

@andromeda1001: Dormmamu also recently fought Vishanti in the Strange Academy Finals. I think based on that too, Valtorr should be around that level indeed. I also remembered this Andi:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Corrina, who had Valtorr's remaining powers, feared Agatha unleashing a New Darkhold because it was "an ancient magic that could kill them all", so she sent her minions to stop Agatha, sensing it from Valtorr's original dimension. That should scale Chthon above Valtorr, right?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WastelandMan

@wastelandman: @bigbaby: I was re-reading my guidebooks for my last debate, and was reminded of this interesting passage:

No Caption Provided

The Vishanti constantly battle against rivals with a similar mystic rank, which means beings around a similar level of power. And who has been shown to fight them in DSSS#49?

No Caption Provided

Valtorr himself! His power shouldn't be that much inferior to the Vishanti then.

Tbf, the story and scans itself already frame Valtorr adn the rest of the principalities as rivals to them.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby: Corrina, who had Valtorr's remaining powers, feared Agatha unleashing a New Darkhold because it was "an ancient magic that could kill them all", so she sent her minions to stop Agatha, sensing it from Valtorr's original dimension. That should scale Chthon above Valtorr, right?

The Darkhold is just a fraction of Chthon's power, right? If that's the case, then probably, yes.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BigBaby  Online

@andromeda1001: Yeah, it's usually referred to as fraction or portion.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

👀